Ray-Ban Men's Aviator Large Metal Aviator Sunglasses, Gold (gold 112/17,Gläser: Crystal Green, Mirrored Blue)
Size: 58 mm|Colour: Gold (gold 112/17,Gläser: Crystal Green, Mirrored Blue)|Change

on 21 June 2016
Great Quality.. but a little too small for me (So returned)
if you are trying to justify the cost to yourself, these polarised Aviators do feel reassuringly expensive; weighty but not too heavy to wear for long periods, well made and great colour combination in gold with green lenses.

Sadly for me, the 55mm lenses are just a little bit too small for my face. Aviators come in 55mm, 58mm and 62mm and whilst various sites and you tube videos say the 55s are for men and women, I think you'd have to have a VERY small head/face for these to not look like you've borrowed these from a girlfriend/wife. There were some angles I thought I may have got away with it but I felt quite self conscious wearing them, like I knew they were too small for me.

They looked great on my wife who is 5"1' and has quite a small face. They also looked very good on my 14 year old son. If you are more petite in stature or head size I would say this size if definitely for you. Otherwise, I would stick to the standard 58mm size.
on 10 October 2017
I did get these on a bargain, compared to retail shop's prices (40 euro difference) and I can honestly say that even though I thought Ray-Ban sunglasses were like the iPhone of our days they 've certainly amazed me. They provide great protection from direct sunlight, glare and relax your eyes significantly while driving or taking a walk during the day while still sitting cozy on your ears without being too wide.
Great sunglasses which I 'll buy again in the future, the material and build is sturdy and looks like it can take some punishment unlike plastic made sunglasses of lesser brand names and the fact that it comes with a great pouch and cleaning cloth as well as Ray-Ban's written warranty and instructions really proved how great a pair of sunglasses this is.
on 9 May 2014
First of all, these sunglasses arrived within 24 hours of placing the order, so all credit to Pretavoir, who also packed the item very securely. I've owned (and lost) quite a few pairs of Ray Bans in my time. Currently I own a pair Aviators with glass lenses, which I've had since the mid-80s, a pair of fold-up Wayfarers and a pair of 3183s, which I found in Central Park and go some way towards making up for the pairs I've managed to lose. I think Ray Ban make the best sunglasses in the world. They always offer the best protection with minimal optical distortion and the quality hasn't gone downhill since the company was bought by Police of Italy. They should last you a lifetime, if you don't manage to lose them. Ok, so onto this pair. Firstly, the blue mirror finish is a coating. The lenses themselves are the standard green Ray Ban type, so when you wear them, the world doesn't suddenly turn turquoise, but a subtle shade of green. Originally, a mirror finish wasn't any kind of gimmick, but offered the most effective way of reducing glare, simply by reflecting it. And in that regard, I think these are the most effective sunglasses I've owned. With the plastic lenses and minimal frame, the glasses are so light, you can wear them all day. The nose pads are easily adjustable, just by bending them into shape, for a perfect fit. A recent amble down the Kings Road on a sunny afternoon proved just how popular these Ray Bans are with the young, rich and beautiful, but that doesn't take away the fact that they are brilliant at the job they're designed to do. Very highly recommended.
on 11 June 2014
Item seems to be genuine (to the best of my knowledge) and of good quality
and correctly represented in the photo.
It seems to possess all the standard trademarks of a pair of genuine Ray-Ban Aviator sunglasses
when compared closely with my old pair. The price initially had me feeling rather cautious
but, so far, I'm completely satisfied. Let's see how they stand up to everyday use...
66 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 22 June 2017
I have genuine concerns about the authenticity of this product. Firstly the price £10, but secondly, the weight and quality versus a very similar chrome pair I own that have a superior feel. These glasses are very light and almost flimsy. They will break easily in my experience, if used daily. The lenses seem OK, but the frames of the glasses do not feel like Raybans and much like cheap imitations.

Buyer beware etc..
on 14 August 2015
Needed a pair of non-polarised aviators for flying, and I'm really impressed. These are absolutely the real deal, checked them against my polarised ones I bought from the Ray-Ban shop in London, and they're perfect. All literature is included as well as the genuine case.
on 11 February 2018
I always use Ray-Bans because they are well made and the colour of the lenses is nice and neutral (at least on the one's I buy) . I bought this pair to replace a lost pair (so somebody got a free pair I suppose). I have tried cheaper sunglasses but these are simply the best I've ever owned.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 October 2016
Less than 8 weeks after buying this item, there is rust forming on the metal inside one side of the ear parts ( whatever they are called!) - as the covers are translucent it is noticeable. For the price of Ray-bans, I would have expected build quality and rust-resistence a little better than sunglasses you get from a pound shop.
on 12 March 2015
beautiful and fit perfect please be aware these glasse come from USA and tax of £11.25p has to be paid at the post office
on 19 July 2015
Not really convinced these Raybans are legit; when folded up the two arms on them don't sit right; one folds in more than the other. Also, part of the glass on the inside near the nose rest piece chipped off within a week despite how careful I am with them, always gently placing them in their protective case.

Although they were only £70, it's still £70 I've spent for a product I'm not entirely sure is genuine.
If you can afford retail ones I'd advise you to do that.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse