Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 July 2014
This recipe book is a must have. I enjoy a raw vegan lifestyle but my husband doesn't, nor are my teenagers interested but show them this book and they are all keen to try. One way to interest people is to offer desserts and these recipes are straight forward and the photography is so tempting. An easy way to slip nuts, seeds, grains and fruits into the teenage diet. I adore it too. The recipes aren't overly sweet but still feel indulgent. A dehydrator isn't necessary but you will need a high-speed blender and a good food processor. Emily von Euw's ideas are inspiring and you will soon be experimenting once you understand her basic recipes.
on 10 June 2014
I give this book 5 Stars, not only are the recipes easy to do and delicious, but you feel like you are eating something naughty when you are not, also I am now getting more healthy snacks into my son, and whats not to love about that! Lots of great choices and something for everyone, would highly reccommend :)
on 28 January 2015
If you want delicious healthy puddings this is the book for you. I bought a copy for my Sister for Christmas and just had to get a second copy for me. For many people Desserts are their weakness and hurdle to getting healthy. This book is a great way to spark your interest in raw food and healthy food. I am not a raw food junkie but these recipes are just great.
on 10 August 2015
There are some really 'awesome' recipes in this book as many reviewers will attest to. Those I have tried are:

Chocolate & Vanilla Ice Cream 'sandwiches' (Page 192) - easy to make, filling and yummy
Carrot Cake with Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting (Page 56) - yes, cashew cream cheese frosting. It doesn't get better than that ........
Energy Bars with Figs, Nuts, Seeds, Raisins & Coconut Drizzle (Page 106) - OMG!!!!
Chia Vanilla Pudding with Cinnamon & Raisons (Page 179) - gorgeous for breakfast
Chocolate Banana Cream Pie (Page 147) - the 'cream' is coconut milk (clever, eh?)
Pina Colada Bites with Pineapple, Coconut & Pine Nuts (Page 85) - an energy boost to solve that mid-afternoon energy slump
Maple Pecan Pie (Page 136) - divine!
Triple-Threat Chocolate Cake with Avocado Cacao Ganache & Ginger Chocolate Sauce (Page 47) - need I say more? The photo's enough!!!
Jungle Pie with Chocolate Crust, Banana Slices & Coconut Topping (Page 132) - I have no words to describe this gorgeous pie!!!!

All in all, a fabulous book with a photograph accompanying every recipe and highly recommended for those who aren't necessarily vegan (I'm not) but who just want to adopt a slightly healthier way of life, or who want to introduce different foodstuffs into their regime to vary their diet a little. I find I crave something sweet mid-morning and mid-afternoon so to stop myself reaching for a biscuit (or three), I make some of these tray bakes in advance and take a couple of slices to work with me and hey presto! No more cravings.

You won't go wrong if you buy this book. It's on my kitchen worktop constantly.
on 12 April 2014
You would never think that these desserts were good for you! I recommend even for people who aren't vegan or wanting to go down the raw food path. No harm in looking after your health whilst still indulging! Mmmmmm.
on 17 August 2014
I love this book! The recipes are delicious, easy to follow and well photographed. I love how Emily von Euw explains how you can vary the recipes using substitutes for ingredients you may prefer over others or happen to have in your cupboard instead.My current favourites are the Avocado Mint Cream Bars, the Oreo alternatives and the Peanut Butter Cookies. Even my mum-in-law who is a super fussy eater loves these recipes! I took some of the Peanut Butter Cookies into the school where I work as a treat for my year 6 class, the children loved them and were very surprised when told what was in them. I'd also recommend Emily von Euw's blog and Facebook page for even more yummy recipes.
Raw, vegan, gluten free! To many people perhaps this would not sound appetising - but I guarantee that this cookbook gives the instructions to make food that is absolutely delicious - the recipes taste fab! My partner is a vegan (not raw - but eats raw when he can) and he is loving everything that this book is helping us to produce.

I have been very pleased that I have a high power blender for some of the recipes, but I haven't had to venture into the world of dehydrators to be successful with these recipes.

Meat eaters, vegetarians, vegans, raw and everything in between - will enjoy these recipes. They are full of flavour and are a real treat.

Recommended.
on 11 June 2014
I bought this book by mistake, not realising it is not baking at all, but I am so glad I did. The recipes are divine and I am working my way through the entire book. There are some recipes I am not so keen on such as combining avocado with cacao but that is personal taste. The recipes work and the cakes taste wonderful. And the best bit, they are healthy! :)
on 23 April 2014
There are few recipe books which I rave about, but this is one of them. The images are mouth-wateringly tempting and the glory of the book is Emily's passion in preparing her food. She offers some really easy, but super delicious recipes to create and the presentation of them is always so attractive. Not only do the recipes look good, but they taste heavenly too as well as being really healthy. I really hope she brings out a savoury recipe book - I will certainly buy that if she does. You won't be disappointed. I found her through her blog which is well worth taking a look at if you are interested: thisrawsomeveganlife.com
on 5 May 2015
Amazing recipes by EmilVon Euw who I have also been following on her blog. Her creativity and simplicity are amazing and also the items she uses are easily obtainable here in the UK. You can tweek most of the recipes to suit yourself but the basic ideas she uses are good. I have tried quite a few of her delicious dessert recipes and the family love all that I have tried so far.

These are all healthy recipes that are based on a healthy living diet and are not actually "baked" but often use methods such as placing the cake in the fridge to harden.

There are easy to follow - step by step instructions with lots of photographs so you know what your final result should resemble. I found that I was satisfied after a slice of one of these cakes but not bloated like I would with a regular flour based baked in the oven variety. My mind was open to different and exciting choices I have never tried before.

There are a few favourites from this book that I have made again and again.

This book is perfect for anyone who is keen on trying to live a better lifestyle that encourages healthy eating. I find by using recipes from this book has helped me not to crave some of the bad sugary items that I would regularly crave.

I highly recommend this book as well as following Emilys blog. This book is well written and presented nicely and would make a perfect gift for those wanting to be more health conscious without losing out on tasty treats.