The Ravaged Bridegroom: Masculinity in Women (Studies in Jungian Psychology by Jungian Analysts) Paperback – 1 Dec 1989
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
No The Ravaged Bridegroom Read a customer review or write one .
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Unfortunately it does seem to be showing it's age a little. It was published in 1990 - presumably written in the latter half of the 80s and her case studies relate to women who were mostly over 50, i.e born in 1930's or before. They lived lives that were almost entirely defined by husbands, marriage and children. They seemed not to have had careers and only did what was expected of people of their class and generation. It just shows how much society has changed since this book was written that their lives seem so unlike those of most modern women. Contemporary conflicts such as motherhood/career or relationships/ambition are not explored.
Woodman is never a boring writer and always seems to find insightful points to make. This book is no exception and the process of releasing 'masculine' energies which she describes is still relevent now but it leaves me thinking so much more could've been said.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I read this back in 1990 when it was first published. I am not an academic and I do not have a post-secondary education, yet I found this book to be a deeply insightful and transformative read. It was not difficult to understand at all.
Reading this book helped me break the cycle of addictive, self-destructive behaviour at a time in my life when such a process was pivotal and essential for me to move forward in a clear and positive way.
Do not be dissuaded by the other review. Marion Woodman's wisdom can change your life.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Neuropsychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Schools of Thought > Jung, Carl
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Sexual Behaviour
- Books > Reference > Encyclopaedias
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Occult
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Reference