Ratatouille [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray]
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 15 April 2016
Just loved this film, even though CGI films are not normally my thing. All the usual Disney formulas of the little guy (or guys) getting a crack, despite the usual baddies trying to knock them off course. Far from me to suggest any ‘borrowing’ of ideas from Nick Park, but some of the scenes had that manic pace of Wallace and Gromit – the chase scene around the pots and pans could well have been inspired by the similar scene with the penguin in the Wrong Trousers!

I wasn't too sold on the diminutive Skinner – not sure of the Anglophone name anyway – but Peter O’Toole gave a fantastically, absurdly pompous performance as the critic ‘Anton Ego’ (a rather naughty name-play on Egon Ronay?).
on 1 January 2016
My 8 year old son asked me 4 times to watch this movie. At first I told him, 'this movie is about a RAT that can cook! Let's watch something else'. He replied, 'Mum, it's different, let's watch it'. And so we watched it. At first, we viewed and thought of Ratatouille as a rat. But as the movie went on we saw him as 'someone' with a talent, a dream and a will. Yes, he is a rat that society doesn't like especially in kitchens!! Ha ha ha! But Ratatouille is creative, talented, has a passion and a kind heart. The movie has beautiful meanings and it is one of the best cartoon movies we have watched. I highly recommend it. And yes, as my son said, 'it's different' - watch it!.
on 17 January 2017
Good film, but had to jump through hoops to get it! couldn't buy on amazon-video app (neither iphone nor ipad), couldn't buy on amazon fireTV, couldn't even buy on amazon Fire tablet ffs! Had to fire up ye olde internet browser, go to amazon.co.uk and search for it then buy it. Even then, it took several restarts of the apps for it to show I had bought the film. Not great when you have a kid that just came off the Ratatouille ride at Disney and wanted to watch the film back at the hotel.
on 2 January 2015
This was re-released in 3d at the theaters and the conversion is excellent. This is well worth watching. It's a great family film and the 3d only adds to the fun. IT has the flat 2d version which cannot compare to this version. which has so much depth and the animation just looks much better in 3d. IT's region b and I don't know why America did not get a version of this in 3d. After all it was on at the theaters in 3d. (the second time). This is worth owning in 3d and I would say that if you enjoy this you should grab 'inferno' a classic 3d film that looks outstanding on 3d blu ray and it's on amazon.uk.
on 6 March 2016
Most Disnet Films get a 5 star rating from me, I think I enjoy them as much as the children. I doubt that it will be long before we are watching it again, I don't like mice or rats, so I was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to watch a film with rats running all over the place but I did enjoy this film
on 29 December 2016
This is a fantastic pixar film, and is directed and written by Brad Bird, who also made the Incredibles. If you haven't seen it yet, you're missing out on a wonderful, emotional tale that will draw you in from the start. If you know any other pixar movie, then you know the quality of this film already... it is simply splendid.
on 3 April 2017
Good price quick delivery,excellent order,thoroughly recommended
on 4 August 2015
This DVD played all of the normal film trailers before getting to the actual film menu. I went to play the movie and the thing froze. I could not get off the DVD and it proceeded to get stuck in the DVD player. When we eventually got it out by dismantling the player, I tried another DVD to ensure it was this particular disc. As thought, it was just the Ratatouille DVD, which unfortunately did the same thing again when tried. As I was out of the complaint date there was nothing that could be done. I am disappointed that the reply email from the company said they do not have records going back to this date. I do think all businesses should keep records, seeing as I wasn't too much past the date. Oh well, I won't be buying from Zoverstock again, as they haven't checked that their stock actually work and this one DVD has caused me many problems!
on 29 December 2017
Not at all pleased - I brought this DVD as a Christmas present for my son. On arriving to me I opened it up to see it was apparently a “2 disc collectors edition”, which i was not expecting but that was fine by me. On opening I was very displeased to see only one disc inside, and not just that but only being the disc 2 bonus material, not to mention the case was only a one disc holder anyway, and not a “2 disc collectors edition” as first indicated to me. Spent well over £10 on this - just to get a bonus material dvd! Absolutely appalling...
review imagereview image
on 10 October 2016
Best children's film ever? Bit over the top, but it's a contender. Bought this to show in France when my son and family had been to Eurodisney and the children had enjoyed their first sighting of Paris. My son lived in Paris some years ago and was impressed at how the film "caught" the city. I can only agree.

Great story, lots of adult entertainment without resorting to smut. Kids from 2 to 11 loved it!