- Also check our best rated Motherboard reviews
2 year Breakdown & Accidental Damage Coverfrom London General Insurance Company Limited
- 2yr accidental damage cover (from purchase) and 1yr breakdown cover (starting 12 months from purchase).
- E-mail delivery of policy documents; by post on request. Cancel any time; full refund within 45 days, proportional thereafter.
- If your product cannot be repaired, you choose between a replacement or an Amazon Gift Card to the value of a replacement.
- Only covers products purchased on the same day from amazon.co.uk.
- Read the Insurance Product Information Document, other important information and policy terms and conditions before purchase by following the link(s) below and check the policy meets your needs.
Raspberry Pi 3 Official Desktop Starter Kit (16Gb, White)
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B builds upon the features of its predecessors with a new, faster processor on board to increase its speed. It also features WiFi and Bluetooth Low Energy capabilities to enhance the functionality and the ability to power more powerful devices over the USB ports.
- 16GB Class 10 MicroSD (Pre-installed with Raspbian OS and NOOBS installer)
- Official White Raspberry Pi 3 HAT compatible Case - Easy snap fit assembly
- Official White Raspberry Pi 5.1V 2.5A Power Supply (UK, EU, USA & Australia)
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare with similar items
Raspberry Pi 3 Starter Kit [official Raspberry]
Raspberry Pi Model B+
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Quad Core CPU 1.2 GHz 1 GB RAM Motherboard
ABOX Raspberry Pi 3 B+ Model B Plus Desktop Starter Kit Clear Case 16GB Class 10 SanDisk Micro SD Card, 5V 2.5A On/Off Switch Power Supply Adapter [ 2018 Upgraded Version]
ABOX Raspberry Pi 3 B+ Model B Plus Complete Starter Kit Motherboard 32GB SanDisk EVO+ SD Card NOOBS, 2.5A On/off UK Edition Power Supply, Support POE (Pi 3 B+)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Almost Anything Ltd||Rocketship Trading||MODMYPI LTD||Almost Anything Ltd||ABOX TEK||ABOX TEK|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B builds upon the features of its predecessors with a new, faster processor on board to increase its speed. It also features WiFi and Bluetooth Low Energy capabilities to enhance the functionality and the ability to power more powerful devices over the USB ports.
Customers who bought this item also bought
1,024 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-7 of 1,024 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you are considering streaming Youtube at 1080p on a Pi3, you can forget about it. 720p was just about achievable, but I wouldn't have called it steady.
Also, Chromium which is included with Raspbian, doesn't support Netflix as standard (gives an error for Widevine plugin). I tried a number of ways to resolve this, there are numerous suggestions online, but couldn't get it working. By this stage I was losing hope for the Pi3 to be my streaming media player anyway.
Having said all that though, the next option for me was to use the Pi3 as a retro gaming console, and in this regard it is excellent. Pre-installed RetroPie image, out of the box support for my wireless X-Box pads, and plays games up to PSX/N64/Dreamcast flawlessly (with a little overclocking and tinkering). I was up and running with a great retro game library in no time. It's even quite portable!
There's a ton of other things that the Pi is great at, and which I could envisage doing with it, so it still get's a high score and recommendation, even if it did disappoint me as an online video player.
This starter kit is a great bundle. The official case may be a bit boring but it's sturdy and well made (the white is way cooler than the black, I have both)
The official charger is rated 5.1V and 2.5A so you get good solid performance from the Pi.
The SD card however isn't anything amazing. On both orders I received an Integral Class 10 16GB, it does the job nicely and I haven't noticed any performance problems but I'm not sure how much I trust it. If you're buying this for RetroPie or any other use whereby you expect the Pi to remain in use for long periods of time, I'd recommend creating a backup image just to be sure and grabbing a few extra cards.
All in all great device, great price and this kit is the ideal way to get started.
1) To make Citrix Server work with TLS/SSL sites i needed to link the browser CA certificates to Citrix area , using this command sudo ln -s /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/* /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts
2) The Wifi was dropping connection after every few minutes. I had to set the countryCode to GB . It can be done using the desktop UI menu options - Preferences -> Raspberry PI Configuration - WiFi Country Code . Or else it can be directly added to the following file - /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf ( add a line COUNTRY=GB )
What did I like:
The Pi 3 is a step up to previous models with upgraded specs (see the description), and is very easy to setup and use. Being new to the Pi scene I opted for this starter kit in order to simplify the process, and would recommend that path for anyone to dipping their toe in.
I'm still playing around with it at present but have played around with SSH connection to the Pi, from my phone, tablet and a couple of other machines. As an IT professional I'm using it to play around and learn with, but will buy one for my 9 year old nephew who I think will enjoy the learning process.
There's a lot of additional accessories you can get with this, and some very, very clever things that people are using their Pis for, and a wealth of information.
What did I dislike:
Not much I disliked, the sum of what you're getting for the price you're paying is great, so whilst it's not going to pair up against an Alienware machine, it does what it says, plus a whole lot more. That being said I did find clipping the case together to be a bit fiddly, but that may have just been my clumsy fingers.
This truly is a great little piece of kit, and little it is, measuring roughly the size of a credit card, with hardly any weight to it. I'd recommend getting this for both beginners or professionals, also ideal to get children interested in the field of computing.
My first is used as a thin client (rdesktop) to remote onto my main PC. The second is currently on OSMC/Kodi/Retro Pie duty. This one is going to be repurposed as a web server (Apache) once I've finished learning Scratch on it with my kids. I haven't even got into the GPIO stuff yet, and all this in six months. Before the first RPi3 I hadn't done hardly anything with Linux.
The Raspberry Pi community is great and very helpful for answering those basic questions.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?