Customer reviews

on 7 October 2011
I was a fan of the original book, however this new edition is in my view the best.

My company are suppliers of Tableau software and my staff are certified users of the product, however there are hard copies of this book on their desk. It is great for a quick refresh of a particular product feature, which is mostly what we use it for now we are experienced with the product. For the new user of the Tableau product this is a must buy.

A new user can use it as a personal training course, although I do recommend that you book on one of Stephen's courses if you get the chance. Stephen as in his classes, goes beyond teaching the product features and includes the basics of visual analytics for the reader. He steps you through a journey which builds your skills as you progress.

Additionally the presentation of the book is a guide to best practice regarding the visualisations that can be built using the tool. It is useful practice to build some of the more complex visualisations that Stephen presents and save them in a sample workbook, they come in very handy as a reference when you are working out the best way to tell the story of your data.