- Actors: The Ramones
- Format: Colour, PAL
- Language: English
- Subtitles For The Hearing Impaired: English
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3 - 1.33:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: Exempt
- Studio: Sony Bmg
- DVD Release Date: 4 Oct. 2004
- Run Time: 105 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (11 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B0002JK77U
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 58,940 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
Ramones: Raw [DVD] 
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
1. Blitzkrieg Bop 2. Teenage Lobotomy 3. I Wanna Be Sedated 4. Today Your Love, Tomorrow The World 5. Rockaway Beach 6. Chinese Rock 7. Cretin Hop 8. I Don't Want You 9. Judy Is A Punk 10. I Can't Make It On Time 11. Do You Remember R-n-R Radio? 12. I Just Wanna Have Something To Do 13. Sheena Is A Punk Rocker 14. Rock & Roll High School 15. Pinhead 16. Take It As It Comes (with the Doors' Robby Krieger) 17. She's The One 18. Let's Go 19. Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment 20. Commando 21. I Don't Want To Grow Up 22. R.A.M.O.N.E.S. 23. Touring
An appropriately rough-and-tumble visual scrapbook of the Ramones' 20-year run, Ramones: Raw is sure to please fans of the legendary punk band with over five hours of live performances and rare behind-the-scenes footage. The core of the disc is a rock & roll Frankenstein of ferocious live performances of their most well-loved numbers, including "Blitzkrieg Bop," "Rockaway Beach," and many others, interspersed with footage of the band on television and at venues around the world. But for veteran Ramones followers, the disc's real value comes in the supplemental features, which are crowned by an hourlong, never-before-seen performance filmed for Italian television. The extras also include rowdy appearances on everything from Howard Stern's early '90s TV series to the NYC cable access program Uncle Floyd; clips from drummer Marky Ramone's extensive Super-8 footage of the band offer an off-stage glimpse at the group's humor, especially in the face of frantic international audiences. All this, capped by wry commentary by Marky and Johnny, means that if you've flown the Gabba-Gabba-Hey flag at any point in your life, you'll want Ramones: Raw. --Paul Gaita
Top customer reviews
Anyhoo if you ARE a Ramones fan and you own a DVD player then this is a MUST HAVE (if you are a Ramones fan and don't have a DVD player then it's probably worth buying one for this) In a word this is perfect, plenty of live performanes (including all the classics plus rare tracks you just don't hear live anywhere else) I really, really REALLY reccomend this one
I enjoyed the DVD, the Marky Ramone home movies were fun - all the goofing around and pranking band members. That was fun.
This is my issue with the DVD and its content - it isn't a silver lined tale of a rise to the Rock and Roll Hall of fame, its a sad downfall of a really good band. The scenes with Deedee Ramone being sadly manic, the weird new bassist C.J looking like a young teenager amongst the ageing rock stars barely fitting in to their band t-shirts.
It was far from what I expected and far from what the Ramones used to be. No longer black and white photographs of them walking down 53rd and 3rd looking cool and fresh but video of Marky Ramone using the toilet.
Overall the amount of stuff on the DVD is worth what you pay, all the extra and interviews. But its really tired and hopeless.
They all hate each other too. That makes it so much worse.
'Ramones - End of the Century' is much better. Ramones - End Of The Century [DVD]
By the time this was shot, the band got along most of the time, but there are some moments when Marky is the perfect foil for Johnny's expected tantrums and acerbic humour. Good to see plenty of CJ as well.
Many, many songs from the archives. The bonus material is what makes this dvd well worth it. TV appearances, cut scenes and a free concert to boot.
Definitely the best Ramones compilation released to date.
Essential for all fans and music lovers. It's about time we show the band some much needed respect!!!