- Paperback: 128 pages
- Publisher: Practical Action Publishing; 2nd edition edition (15 Dec. 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 185339727X
- ISBN-13: 978-1853397271
- Product Dimensions: 20.8 x 1 x 29.5 cm
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
459,275 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #203 in Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Materials
- #781 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Building Construction & Materials
- #1191 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
Rammed Earth Structures: A Code of Practice Paperback – 15 Dec 2011
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"As an architect and builder who has designed and built in rammed earth in both Zimbabwe and Australia I wish I had had this document long ago."--Mick Pearce, architect with global experience in sustainability
About the Author
Julian Keable is an architect of long standing who initiated the use of rammed earth for projects in Africa in the 1970s and continued working in the field until the end of the 1990s.
Rowland Keable has been working with rammed earth and building rammed earth structures since the mid-1980s. In collaborating on this Code of Practice, a new direction was set leading to the Code becoming a national standard with progress towards a regional standard.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Materials
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Building Construction & Materials
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Reference
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Civil Engineering
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences