on 12 September 2011
Having had several punctures I invested in a puncture resistant tyre for the front wheel and kept the original rear tyre, and then saw the Raleigh puncture resistant inner tubes and invested in a pair of them, although nearly twice the price of a normal inner tube the quality of thickness must be 3 to 4 times thicker so well worth the money, I cycle a lot on river gravel tow paths so chances of punctures are higher, since using the purchased inner tubes I have had no further punctures, definately a quality product and worth the extra cash, I would never buy a standard inner tube again, I would recommend these inner tubes for any bike type.
on 29 March 2013
After experiencing 8 punctures in just 6 weeks, I decided to buy this puncture resistant tubes. That r doing their job, no more roadside repairs n I don't carry any more spare tubes n pump in my rucksack as I cycle to work.
on 11 October 2013
I kept popping my inner tubes and the ones the local bike shop sold me couldn't handle all the pot holes in the road on my way to work, these beauties did me absolute wonders. The seller packaged them well and they arrived promptly. Highly recommendable.
on 29 March 2013
Well, what can you say? It fulfill my expectations about a inner tube. No flat tyre so far in crazy London Streets.
on 17 January 2014
It's a little stiff because the rubber is so thick but that was pretty reassuring to me. I've had no punctures so far (two months in) and I cycle commute, going past industrial estates where there is glass on the ground. Previously I'd picked up two punctures in two weeks before I purchased this, but this is only my experience
These Raleigh inner tubes are for 700mm x 35-43mm road bike tyres. They are expensive compared to normal tubes but much thicker/heavier at 599g each, and claim to be more puncture resistant.

My experience is that these extra-thick tubes do guard effectively against punctures and are a great buy, so long as you don't mind the extra cost and weight as a trade-off. They're no problem to fit; there's more actual rubber involved but this is no problem when fitting, just inflate with a small amount of air and then fit to the tyre.

The tubes have Presta valves which allow tube inflation to >110psi, the design making over-inflation impossible. The Presta is more delicate than the tough Schrader valve: the delicate screw-assembly on the Presta occasionally breaks, requiring an inconvenient tube-change so handle them carefully and use the screw-on dust cap to protect them, and they'll be OK.
on 4 September 2015
The principle behind this seems simple enough - it is puncture resistant because it is very very thick! I don't know if any other technology is involved but the thicker the better I suppose. So far I am puncture free despite old tyres. The real test will come in winter when roads are wetter and there is more wind related debris on the roads. Hedge cutting season will also be a test as usual.

Holding its pressure OK. A potentially simple solution but only time will tell.
on 14 September 2013
So far brilliant. For those who comment about excessive weight what do you expect when purchasing a puncture resistant inner tube?
on 24 September 2015
They are very thick and have added slight weight to the wheels which is quite noticeable when riding, however, they have done the job and hold the tyre pressures for longer than normal inner tubes.
on 31 December 2013
I have puncture proof tyres and this - No punctures for 6 months and still going :) I am not bothered about rolling distance, as I do it to exercise my legs, not get places.