- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: HarperCollins; 1 edition (15 Nov. 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 006251637X
- ISBN-13: 978-0062516374
- Product Dimensions: 13.5 x 1.4 x 20.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 501,592 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Rainforest Home Remedies Paperback – 15 Nov 2001
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
??Dr. Arvigo has been a conscientious student of her Maya teachers for nearly two decades. This book is a magnificent tribute to her teachers, providing useful information for all of us. The remedies are explained in a simple but comprehensive fashion, using plants that can be easily found?A wonderful compilation of fascinating reading.?--Michael J. Balick, Ph.D. Director and Philecology Curator of Economic Botany, Institute of Economic Botany, The New York Botanical Garden?Our disconnection from nature is a serious cause of illness. Rosita Arvigo and Nadine Epstein help us to remember our connection with plants that can heal us as the authors bring us back home to a sacred way of life.?--Sandra Ingerman, author of "Soul Retrieval and "Medicine for the Earth?A stimulating, information-filled, and well-organized account of the main features of contemporary Maya folk medicine.?--Michael Harner, PhD., author of "The Way of the Shaman?Rosita, thank you for bringing these precious thoughts, so comprehensively done, to the healing world. Its banquet will feed our new hospital. If we are to survive as a species, it will be because ideas like these become important again.?--Patch Adams, MD"A practical guide to healthy living and traditional herbal wisdom, blended artfully with an insightful view of common modern ailments. Full of stories; a refreshing view of wellness and sane living that is so needed today."--Christopher Hobbs, 4th generation herbalist, licensed acupuncturist and author of 20 books on health and herbs, including "Herbal Remedies for Dummies
About the Author
Rosita Arvigo was born in Chicago and trained in the United States as a doctor of naprapathy. In addition to her natural healing practice in Belize, Arvigo is the founder of Belize's six-thousand-acre Terra Nova Medicinal Plant Reserve, the founder of Ix Chel Tropical Research Foundation, the cofounder of Rainforest Remedies, and the creator of the Panti Mayan Medicine Trail, a popular and educational tribute to Don Elijio
Nadine Epstein is a writer and illustrator. Their previous book together was Sastun: My Apprenticeship with a Maya Healer.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
I won't go in to details because it might make some uncomfortable, just try it.
I also deeply love the part that addresses spiritual causes for physical, mental, and emotional health and some things to do about that kind of problem.
I highly recommend this book for the home library. A definite legacy item.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Complementary Medicine > Herbal Remedies
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Complementary Medicine > Naturopathy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Complementary Medicine > Traditional Medicine & Remedies
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Popular Medicine
- Books > History > Ancient History & Civilisation
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Habitats