- Paperback: 213 pages
- Publisher: Real People Press; First Edition edition (5 Nov. 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0911226443
- ISBN-13: 978-0911226447
- Product Dimensions: 15.3 x 1.3 x 22.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (35 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
264,418 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #252 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Hypnosis
- #686 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- #1152 in Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
The Rainbow Machine: Tales from a Neuro-linguist's Journal Paperback – 5 Nov 2007
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"A fascinating book of amusing and sometimes outrageous vignettes, using NLP language patterns, submodalities, and what one might call 'NLP provocative therapy.' A delightful collection of stories, thought pieces, and teaching that cast light into what NLP has to offer the field of psychotherapy and psychiatry. If you have an interest in the field" -- Julian Russell "Senior Executive Coach and co-author of Alpha Leadership: tools for business leaders who want more from life."
About the Author
Formerly a registered nurse working in clinical neurology and neurosurgery, Andrew T. Austin began his nursing career in Accident and Emergency, where he quickly developed a strong reputation for working with the many psychiatric and mental health-related emergencies that were frequently presented to the department. It was during this period in 1994 that he began training in hypnosis and therapy, and his interest in psychotherapy and neurolinguistics grew. Andrew organises The West Sussex Hypnosis and NLP Study Group where he currently is focusing on neurology and the treatment of clinical conditions. Via his frequent writings, workshops, and lectures Andrew T. Austin is rapidly becoming known as the leading NLP-oriented therapist emphasising the neurological aspects of personal change and therapy. His seminars and workshops are sought out by NLP practitioners, trainers, and psychotherapists seeking to deepen their knowledge and skills base of the neurological underpinnings of their work. He lives in the south of England. Contact: email@example.com
Top Customer Reviews
This book captures the essence of the man, his approach and his attitude to benevolence when working with human beings who just so happen to be suffering.
What does all of this mean? Well what it means is this; buy it. It is the best NLP book that I have read and I recommend it 100%
I found his his honesty about therapy not always working refreshing and was pleased that he didnt blame the client .
As another reviewer said he is a good mixture of Bandler and Ericson and of course himself .Would recommend people to read this book and already have !
Aside from plenty of 'did he really just do that?' moments, there is also copious amounts of rich and thought-provoking stuff in this book which makes it an especially good one for dipping back into. The chapters are short, humourous and cover all sorts of different things which makes it a good one for those of us with wandering minds or if you want to discover hidden arts of changing folk whilst waiting for the bus...
If you really want to understand NLP as a therapeutic discipline in the spirit and intention of the original NLP developers...then read this book...
Viva la revolution...
This is genuinely the first book in years that has grabbed my attention through the highly readable device of brilliant true-life stories that positively VIBRATE with cutting edge ideas and the tangible experience of NLP genius Andrew T. Austin.
Funny, charming, insightful, challenging, easy to read and containing more solid-gold information per-sentence than virtually all books in the field - this book inspired me to HAVE A GO, something so few books of dry technique can achieve even after repeated readings. I have already helped my first clients to achieve their goals and dreams and the future looks bright ;)
My life has changed because of this book and that's just one person who bought it. Join the revolution for healthy minds here and now!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A gift for someone so cant comment but delivered in good time. my son was pleasedPublished on 4 Jan. 2015 by Amelias Bookshelf.
The stories are fascinating. Some techniques described are useful and eye opening. The patient treatments in some wards are shocking. Read morePublished on 6 May 2014 by Mystic
great book for therapists and lay people alike.If you find people puzzling read this book it starts to give you a glimpse of the human racePublished on 11 July 2013 by Peter Cripps
Side-splittingly humorous with Andy's "straight-to-the-point" approach. Some absolute gems of information throughout the entire book. Read morePublished on 29 May 2013 by sally-Anne
Nicely written and had me laughing out loud! Gives a totally different perspective on NLP and coaching - one that makes you realise you can take it all a bit too seriously. Read morePublished on 24 May 2013 by MINIMABS
Friend was very please with the book as it held the information he wanted to continue his life coaching studies and workPublished on 10 Dec. 2012 by Morebrightness
I have recommended this book to everyone I know (friends / neighbours / colleagues).
I originally came across this book when I was researching reading materials while... Read more
I had been intending to buy "The Rainbow Machine"The Rainbow Machine: Tales from a Neuro-linguist's Journal for some time and now that I've finally read it - wow! Read morePublished on 4 May 2012 by Amazon Customer
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Popular Medicine
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Cognition & Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Pathological Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Hypnosis
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks