• Radix

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 5 July 2015
First read this book sometime in the mid 1990's. I have re-read it several times since and enjoyed it in a different and possibly deeper way every time.
I bought it as an e-book to read again and am nearly through it. All I can say is read it.
on 12 November 2007
Touching on concepts of evolutionary mental development the "Eth" has the ability to wish realities into being using the power within a galactic "psynergy" Sumner Kagan is an excellent anti hero, the book introduces many genuinely new and original concepts and creatures against a backdrop of a post apocalyptic Earth 5,000 or so years hence.
I have read and re read this book many times and get something new out of it each time. One of my favourite books, very underrated, try it you wont be disappointed
Radix for Me describes in the greatest detail the driving forces of a young man. The urge to push the limits and to become something great. This book takes you through an unrecognizable version of this world, on a journey with a man who is dicovering the true powers of the body and mind at every turn. You cannot help but become involved in the changes and experiences Sumner Kagan chances on. One of the most vivid and expansive books I have ever read.
on 22 June 2001
Radix is unlike any other book I have ever read. The details that is expressed within is fantastic. The characters are extremely detailed. As for the story line it is very unqiue, telling the story of Sumner who starts off as a typical kid who hates the world, to one who learns to come at peace with himself, after a number of amazing trials. A book I would recommend to anyone who likes Sci Fi or Fantasy.
on 7 June 2009
I read about 90 pages of the book (I have a different edition to the one displayed here with a total of 384 pages) and that was fine. Beyond that I just couldn't continue. I didn't have a clear idea of what was going on in the story and from the other reviews present on Amazon can't quite see the quality they described. I also found I didn't care about the characters. Generally I'd say that it is probably an excellent story but not told in an approachable way. If you've read a lot, especially science fiction, you might enjoy this book, however I found it heavy and difficult to get through. It might be for you - It wasn't for me.
on 1 May 2015
This is a complex and multi themed book. Really good to read and hard to put down.
on 19 June 2015
Life changing.
on 13 December 2003
I must have read it 5 times. It is just so original, creative... a MUST read for the SF fan!