on 17 May 2013
love this book.great food idea`s,and it`s irish.
every cook should get this book,have made many of the dishes,and love every one
VINE VOICEon 28 February 2013
What a wonderful distilling of Rachel's best and most Irish food into one book. I love Rachel, but too often, of late, she pushes the boat out too far for me. But not with this one, which is exactly what I'm looking for for me and my family. Probably not the prettiest book in the picture sense, but such is Irish coooking. My gosh, it dose taste fantastic, though.
on 6 February 2015
This was the first Rachel Allen cookbook I bought so I had no problem with repeating recipes, they were all new to me. It has become my favorite cookbook: the recipes are clear and straightforward, each one has a picture that goes with it and, most importantly, everything I tried (and I tried almost all of the cakes and breads and a few meals) turned out exactly the way it should and so very delicious.
on 6 March 2013
On the positive side, lovely quality book with some nice glossy pictures and easy to follow text. However, the vast majority of the recipes are taken verbatim from her other books. Even the pictures are identical! Had I known this, I'd have waited for this to come out in paperback or got it from the library. Worth getting if you haven't got many of her other books since her recipes are always reliable and straightforward. I've got all her other books since I'm a fan of her writing and her recipes, I'm just disappointed to find I've got 90 of the 120 recipes in this book already!
on 4 September 2013
Some of the recipes were duplicated from her previous cookbook. Not sure why they do it but needless to say it is a total disappointment. Majority of the recipes are also overly simple. Nothing interesting.
on 28 July 2013
If you don't have another of Rachel's books buy this other wise no use.i gave it 5 stars because the recepies are great even if they are repeated .
on 22 February 2013
i love it as its full of homely food and also food for entertaining,some recipes ive done before,but there are 30 new ones im going to try.Another hit for Rachel!.
on 10 May 2013
I bought this book as my family has irish heritage and I wanted to learn some traditional dishes. I haven't got any of her other books but on the front it does say 30 new recipes, so maybe some of them are in her other books. Which the other reviews state, but for me they are all great recipes. It has some basic dishes such as creamy mash and fruit crumble. However it also has some more complicated dishes but they are all hearty and full of flavour! If you love home cooking this book is for you. There are so many recipes and variations on classics I am now looking to get another Allen book!
on 5 April 2013
I've got several Rachel books so some of the recipes in here are copies from other books but I knew that would be the case when I bought it and there are still plenty of new recipes in here to keep me going. I've only cooked one thing out of here but as usual with Rachel recipe it always turns out really great, tasty comfort food if a little on the unhealthy side. Looking forward to cooking more of the new recipes in time (and after I've been to the gym!)
on 7 April 2013
I chose this book because of its simplicity, it gives every day food, with ingredients that are easy to obtain and has great pictures to show what the recipe should look like. I can thoroughly recommend it if you want a no fuss recipe book.