The Race for Hitler's X-Planes: Britain's 1945 Mission To Capture Secret Luftwaffe Technology Hardcover – 1 Mar 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
John Christopher is an aviation writer and a professional balloon pilot. His books include 'The Apollo Story' and 'Transatlantic Airships'.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Still, this is a fascinating story. There are quite a few books on the 'what might have beens' in terms of German aviation and similar ones which show just what the Americans achieved with German help both in aircraft and rocket design and propulsion. This, though, is told from the British perspective and well worth a read for any aspiring aviation buff unaware perhaps of how far the Germans were advancing in such technology.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland
- Books > History > Military History > Armed Forces > Air Forces
- Books > History > Military History > Weapons & Warfare
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Battles & Campaigns
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Weapons
- Books > Reference > Transport > Aviation > History