The Race Game: Sport and Politics in South Africa (Sport in the Global Society) Paperback – 30 Apr 1998
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
University of Otago, New Zealand. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
Top Customer Reviews
I admit that had not "sport" appeared in the title and synopsis, I probably wouldn't have purchased the item.
When an individual (or a people) are engaged in a never-ending struggle simply to survive, there are of course more pressing matters than sport. I'm an avid follower of many sports but could never be classed as a "jock" --ie team-mates and bonding more important than partners of the opposite sex. Sports are great, but are supplementary to my general set-up; not the reverse.
As one whose literary and viewing intake involves a great deal of sport but is by no means dominated by it, a serious work such as this -- confronting in parts as it is -- is a welcome addition.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Boer Wars
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Countries & Regions > Africa
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Reference
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Rugby (Union & League) > Training
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Rugby (Union & League) > Union: History & Biography