- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Rabelais and His World Paperback – 9 Jan 2009
|New from||Used from|
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"Bakhtin richly documents the range and scope of the popular-festive culture that is the hero of his book, its ancient roots, the vigorous life it enjoyed in the Middle Ages, its entry into important literature in the Renaissance, even the considerable traces of it that still survive after centuries of repression."-- "Modern Language Quarterly" --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
This book is double-voiced: it is doing two things simultaneously, for the multitude of shattered unities we call revolution brings forth texts with peculiar forms of unity. At one level it is a guidebook for its times, and at another level it is a contribution to historical poetics with time and place.
Top customer reviews
It is still the best introductory course on laughter and its liberating qualities. Not to be missed by anyone interested in understanding how laughter works
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism > Key Critics
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism > Literary Studies
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism > Literary Theory & Movements
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Social & Cultural