Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now New Album - Steps Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 4 January 2012
A wonderful family film, a favourite christmas film of mine and my duaghter, who's 19. Previously owned this on vhs, so happy to have it on dvd now. Although, when i recieved the dvd, it's default settings are all dutch, which isn't made very clear by the image for the dvd and is not mentioned in the product description. After fiddling around with the dvd settings, I managed to get it to play in english, without dutch subtitles. None the less, still a brilliant film to be enjoyed by all ages.
22 Comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 November 2013
I love the film, and would recommend to any one, I had it on VHS when I was younger and purchased this DVD to share with my son, however although it does say Dutch it is not made clear in the initial description which I think it should be. The quality is very poor too. Will be enquiring to see if I can return this.
on 4 May 2009
this film is one of my faveriotes and am sooooooooooooooooo happy thats its on dvd . the songs are amazing and the animation is beautiful.
i'm nearly 15 and its still in my faveriote films of all time!!!
on 21 December 2008
Whatever. This film is no way scary, even for a young child. Neither is it only for up to seven year olds - I am nearly thirteen and fairly normal, and this is one of my favourite films!!! Don't waste your hardearned money on some rubish like miracle on 34th street, just buy this dvd! You won't regret it! Just buy it! Go on!!!! Don't even think, just do it! Go on!! Buy it! It's so worth it! BUUUY IITTTTTT!!!!!! :P
on 20 December 2004
My son and I love watching this film. In the German version, Nina Hagen sings and voices Stormella--for moms this is the best part of the movie! For children who feel "different" or "special" (Zoe's word), and who doesn't, this video is inspirational. After winning the race, Rudolph is disqualified for having a red nose--this is what upsets a six-year-old more than the terrorist personality of Stormella--, Rudolph ends up lead reindeer. Rudolph and Zoe both exercise courage in confronting sorceress Stormella, and Rudolph's noble wish is that Stormella be nice--qualities required of Santa's reindeer. Stormella's storm enables Rudolph to prove that his defect is in fact a valuable asset. It is hard to resist singing along with the various songs.
on 24 January 2016
This purchase for sentimental reasons very pleased with the purchase although it is a Dutch import it plays in English just had to take the Dutch subtitles off, the quality isn't too bad considering its age. It arrived promptly and in a good condition. If anyone is considering buying this DVD I wouldn't hesitate.
on 22 November 2015
Very easy to find where to play in English and was easy to find how to turn the Dutch subtitles off on my DVD remote a great film that I enjoyed as a child and it's just as I remember if not better as the colours are so much better on the DVD format rather than the VHS. I highly recommend this product for anyone who loved this film.
on 23 December 2015
Ordered this DVD in good faith based on the product description saying that even though it was a Dutch import the language could be changed to English.
This is not the case with the copy I recieved so I'm really pissed off! The kids were extremely dissapointed.
Feel ripped off!
on 17 December 2014
Such a shame I loved this when I first saw it years ago and purchased the video which we played every year until it wore out. I have tried for ages to get the DVD version and classed myself very lucky when I found it. I couldn't wait for it to arrive but sadly whe it did the DVD was faulty it kept sticking/buffering there were parts which had static lines/digital pixel spots at first I was going to keep it when it happened once but by the end of the story it was way too much for even me who has loved the story for years so sadly I had to return it.
on 2 March 2015
Not too sure about it being in a different language, could do with putting the instructions on a separate piece of paper so that when the dvd is opened up, the piece of paper can sit inside rather than having the instructions on a sticker on the packaging which is only going to get thrown away, other than that my nieces loved watching this at xmas time. Showing them what I watched as a child! Always brings back memories