on 7 April 2017
I already have one of these excellent Skype dedicated phones, and needed another extension. The sound is far superior to any cordless phone I have tried, and as I suffer from considerable hearing impairment this particular phone is a lifesaver.
on 21 July 2016
What it says on the box - an extension handset for an existing set up. However, it does have an annoying 'feature' that the 3088 didn't have, it requires setting up with your Skype account on every handset (3088 once set up on 1 phone is ready for use).
Apart from that one niggle, seems to work exactly the same as the 3088 did before Microsoft started 'playing' with the Skype that we all new and loved. Range is good and call quality excellent.
on 17 October 2017
good phone works well on line and Skype
on 17 August 2017
The product worked perfectly fine for about 1 year, but then all of a sudden the device just died.
on 5 April 2017
Wanted a second handset and it was very easy to install and set-up.
on 23 July 2017
I have 4 of these in the UK and another 4 in my business office in Italy, the voice / call quality has always been excellent.
In June Microsoft decided to cut support to these devices, no warning whatsoever.
Being a bit dim I even went out and bout several sets of new rechargeable batteries.
Of course they still don't work, they all just say "Offline" permanently.
What wonderful user service from Microsoft; these bastards just do not give a damn about their customers.
Anyone want 8 totally useless DualPhone handsets ?
All in perfect working order.
on 25 August 2015
I live in a 3 storey town house and bought the main unit plus 2 extra handsets (all white) so that I could place one on each floor. My first impression on opening the box was how small the handset is; resulting in a small screen with tiny lettering and quite small keys with almost impossible to see lettering. The alphabetical lettering on each number key is white on a blue background and makes life very difficult when entering contacts. However, once done, it’s not so much hassle.
I bought the phones to find out if they were good enough to enable me to drop the landline when my one year’s line rental expires in a few months’ time. I am pleased to report that they are and I will do so. I have both Skype and landline currently set up with different ring tones and they both work well. Basically the phone is the small box that connects permanently by cable to your broadband router. The small box communicates with the handsets by wi-fi. Whatever you do on one handset, like entering contacts, making and receiving calls, gets recorded in the small box and becomes immediately available on all the other handsets. You need to keep the phones on the bases when not in use otherwise you soon get a low battery warning. They also have quite a bright, blue notification light that flashes if you’ve missed a call or received a message, etc. This is OK most of the time but not OK in the bedroom when occasionally, in the middle of the night, some unknown Skype user requests addition to your contacts. I’ve covered up the blue light on the phone in the bedroom.
Generally, I’m pleased with the phones, just wish they were a bit bigger in size with bigger screen and keys and that, on Skype, you could block unknown people from hassling you. However, it’s not so bad as the cold calls you get on the landline.
on 22 August 2017
WARNING: SKYPE no works on hardware like this. Microsoft have ended the skypekit support that these devices used.
on 13 July 2017
waste of good money

I bought the Dualphone at the end of march 2017.
As of june/july the system isn't working because Skype doens't support it anymore.
I looked it up and this discontinuation was annouced as of 2013 (!)
So it would have been nice of the supplier to have hinted this out and/or retracted the product from the market.
I wouldn't have bought it.
on 2 June 2013
We used to have a RTX 3088 for a few years that worked well. This 4088 supposedly worked with multiple Skype accounts, so we decided to upgrade.

From the start the 4088 has been a useless piece of hardware. The sound quality is awful. The caller ID does not work for landlines. You need multiple handsets to use multiple Skype accounts. It cannot handle UK area codes with more that three digits.

And in the past couple of months, it gets confused and cannot tell whether the batteries are charged. It decides there is no battery power and just shuts off. It's become useless. I've not had it for six months, but get no support from the manufacturer.