Customer reviews

on 15 November 2017
Decided to upgrade my router and after a little debate choose this. It was so simple to setup as I just transferred all my cables across and ran through the setup wizard. The software is simple to use and I like the more detailed information that you can see compared to my older router. The range of this router is a little bit better than my previous one although not by a great deal.
on 27 October 2017
Took a lot of setting up not for the faint hearted, instructions useless. had to trawl the internet to get proper setting. but works just great once set up. great value..
on 4 July 2017
Fantastic, cleared up my WiFi problems - XBox user has stopped moaning whilst playing Fifa.

Good UI, shows useful stats about whats been downloaded by which connection.

Easy setup.
on 21 September 2017
The advertised 3g/4g usb dongle support is very poor. Tried multiple dongles in various configurations (all work fine when plugged directly into my PC) but even when I did get it working the connection is prone to randomly lock up when loading certain pages. The rest of the router seems to work fine, but I'd look elsewhere if you need to share a 4g connection.
on 18 April 2017
So glad i got this router on sale, it is an excellent router with great wireless throughput
on 12 July 2017
Massive improvement from my old router and I get solid signal and better speeds in rooms where I had nothing before. If you are unsure about setting it up or run into problems do look into guides as the options are plentiful on this one!
on 9 August 2017
Don't bother with this if you have high speed internet (100 mbps) I lost about 30 mbps, Openvpn speed is very poor about 10 mbps
on 15 August 2013
I live in a 1890's mid terrace, lots of brick walls and 2 chimney systems, internet arrives in the front of the house...tv, blu-ray and PS3 are in the back. I also occasionally work from home and connected to my work's desktop. To date access to internet was been patchy.

Have one configured as a router connected to BT Infinity, seeing excellent range and speed...have a second configured as media bridge. Based on previous reviews was concerned that config would be complex...but was plug and play.

Next job is to configure the USB storage

Disappointed with the functionality of the media bridge, no USB functionality, no guest accounts, and the 5GHz connection is dedicated to the media bridge connection. Will raise with Asus Support, how have, to date, been helpful and efficient.
on 16 June 2017
Many great features and stable internet connection. I use this as an AP and the tri band smart connect is amazing
on 10 February 2017
Expensive but worth it. Configured with open VPN (can be set up out of the box, no need to flash the firmware) very good range serves the whole house great.