- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Natural History; 2nd Revised edition edition (19 July 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1408174561
- ISBN-13: 978-1408174562
- Product Dimensions: 11.7 x 1.5 x 16.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (423 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,528 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
RSPB Pocket Guide to British Birds: Second edition Paperback – 19 Jul 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Simon Harrap is a professional naturalist and birder. He has led birdwatching holidays for almost 20 years and is a regular contributor to birding magazines and journals. He is the author of Tits, Nuthatches and Treecreepers (Christopher Helm), and co-author of Where to Watch Birds in Britain (Christopher Helm) and Orchids of Britain and Ireland (Bloomsbury).Simon Harrap goes back to basics with all-new text in a colourful guide aimed at new bird-watchers.
- Good Book Guide
A sumptuous, classy book, with terrific illustrations of a carefully selected 174 species
- BBC Wildlife
An excellent book to buy as a present for beginner birdwatching friends or to keep in the car.
- Scottish Birds
An excellent beginner s guide. --- IBIS - The International Journal of Avian Science
'Well planned, well executed, and commendable cheap, this little book deserves to be a very popular beginners' guide to 174 of Britain's commonest bird species.' IBIS (April 2008) --IBIS (April 2008)
'Easily the best guide for the complete beginner...Brilliant', The Observer (June 2008) --The Observer (June 2008)
About the Author
Simon Harrap is a professional naturalist and birder. He has led birdwatching holidays for almost 20 years and is a regular contributor to birding magazines and journals. He is the author of Tits, Nuthatches and Treecreepers (Christopher Helm), and co-author of Where to Watch Birds in Britain (Christopher Helm) and Orchids of Britain and Ireland (Bloomsbury).
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Full of information on where to go and what time of year you are most likely to see different species. Easy to use format. Small enough to slip in a pocket or leave in the car. Great book for anybody who, like me, wanted to identify birds visiting my garden, and when I'm out and about. Reasonable price.
The book itself is pocket sized and gives just the essential details about all of the birds that visit the UK throughout the year. It tells you what you need to do to spot birds, the equipment you need, how to spot birds, when you where you need to go and spot birds and general practical advice. The introduction won't take you more than half an hour to read and then you're ready to go.
5* book. I would recommend this book to all newbie and wannabe twitchers.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
just arrived today so looking forward to seeing what bird I'm looking atPublished 10 hours ago by Pamela Hodgson
Arrived a day before it was supposed to so good. I am very happy with this book.Published 1 month ago by vivienne avery
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Birds
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Reference
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Fishing, Birdwatching & Other Outdoor Pursuits > Birdwatching