on 10 January 2015
This is a nicely illustrated book. The book is set up so that you get some clues on one page as to what animal/ bird/ insect ect. is on the next, making it a little bit fun. It's not like a grown up nature book at all. Each animal has a little description too, which is quite simple and basic but picks out the obvious features (describing sound and habits as well as visual) for identification. Bought for my 2 yr old as she likes to investigate the garden. It's a bit advanced yet but she likes flicking through the pages and looking at the pictures. I'm very happy.
4 people found this helpful
on 25 June 2016
My little girl is 2.5 and although she's not old enough to really listen to or bother with the facts at the moment she LOVES these books and they are REALLY helping with her identification of all things wildlife.
2 people found this helpful
on 9 July 2017
These books were bought as gifts for a friends child, we like to give presents that remind them of us haha!
nice and informative but child friendly, lovely clear illustration and not too silly.
on 9 May 2018
Fascinated my 'nearly 3 year old ' granddaughter. Lovely illustrations
on 15 March 2014
Bought this for my four year old Grandson who has just moved to a house with a very large garden and lots of wildlife and he is enjoying finding out the names of everything he see's
4 people found this helpful
on 11 March 2018
Excellent
on 23 May 2016
Great first book full of pictures of bugs/birds you do see in the garden. Our grandson of three years loves it in his outdoor exploring bag.
on 17 July 2013
I got this book - and other "Beastie" books - for my great-nephews. The boys are 5, and 3 years old, and carry their books with them everywhere they go. They even take them to bed, at night. The 3-year-old, will definitely be the next David Attenborough.
on 9 August 2017
great book my daughter love it
on 28 July 2017
My wee boy loves it - we talk about it all the time - he is a great 4 year old explorer LOL.