on 19 November 2012
I am always keeping an eye out for anything remotely interesting amongst the throngs of Kindle output and came across this book as much by accident as design. The premise seemed good and the tone of the books introduction nudged my interest along a bit; at least enough to click on the "buy" button and place my bet. Buying into any author new to oneself is always going to be a bit of a bet.

Purchase made and book dully downloaded I settled into my comfiest chair and hoped that this book was going to be worth the both the money (I'm a tight sod) and more importantly the time I'd be investing in reading it. A couple of hours and several cups of tea later and I didn't want to put the book down. To the authors credit this is a proper sized book. Though the story does clip along at a fair old rate it's a big enough tome that does not rush it's reader to it's final conclusion, (something I have experienced too many times where the author obviously has an eye on the word count and apparently rushes the ending, I suspect, as they have completed the publishers word count minimum.)

An inventive story with a good mix of the funny, the surreal and the horrible with the requisite amount of gore thrown in - lovely. Having finished it I think the best accolade I can give it was that it was thoroughly entertaining and will be keeping a keen eye out for a sequel.
on 11 February 2014
OK, so the writing style has a few issues, but once you get a few pages in, you won;t care. The characters are larger than death, the gags are horrendously funny and the imagery is vividly, sickly, face splittingly funny. Just try to read this and not laugh.
on 23 September 2013
I decided to give this a go after reading the other reviews, I was thoroughly impressed with it, the book bounds along at a frenetic pace, but I did not mind that as it kept me gripped, Ian's characters and scenes are set in a very descriptive detailed way which conjured up lots of different images in my mind, I would love to see this in hardback form, fantastic.

Great book, keep it going!
on 20 April 2012
I actually read this in the original two parts but I'm reviewing it as a whole. All I can say is that it a wonderful, funny, irreverent and scary romp. Yes there are a few typos and normally that drives me mad but in this case I just didn't care because the story just drives along at full speed.
I can't wait for the next one and the one after that and the one after that, you get the idea.
If you like your horror dark, funny, irreverent and different from the run of the mill this is for you.