on 4 March 2015
Excellent little book for general pruning, with good illustrations and a A-Z of ornamental plants. I am a professional gardener and keep this in my car, with a more detailed book (the RHS "Pruning and Training" by Christopher Brickell, also published by DK) for reference at home. As some other reviewers have said, the section on pruning fruit bushes and fruit trees is a bit basic however I would have been happy to pay the same for this book without that section.
5 people found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 1 February 2018
Not as comprehensive as I'd hoped, no mention of several plants. I was hoping for information about asters and verbena but they're not included. Plants that are covered have good, easy to follow pruning instructions, but many common garden plants are missing.
on 6 December 2017
Having a few large plants in the garden and one in the house I’ve been fearful of pruning them as I’ve been adraid of doing it at the wrong time or too much. This pocket sized book is very clearly and concisely laid out and makes the prospect of pruning much less fearsome. Additionally the clear pictures also help in plant identification.
on 2 June 2017
This is great as I am never sure where to cut the branches off. Hopefully after following the precise instructions my garden
will look a lot tidier next year.
on 25 November 2012
A good, clear, concise book giving an amazing amount of detail in such a compact and helpful way. Is the clearest guiduance I have come across.
14 people found this helpful
on 14 March 2018
A very handy guide
on 22 October 2015
Very handy little book , doesn't quite cover all plants obviously, but the amount contained in such a small volume is amazing .
One person found this helpful
on 30 August 2015
Great book small enough to carry around. I love it. Explains in detail and pictures on how to prune and other advice about individual plànts
One person found this helpful
on 1 January 2017
It's ok, but the edibles section is really small. Most of it is about ornamentals.
on 3 August 2017
a much needed book full of great advice