RFC - RAF - RNAS (Schiffer Military History) Hardcover – 21 Aug 2007
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Could you ask for more? Unfortunately, yes. The book gives the impression that it has been interfered with since it left the hands of the author as, here and there, the layout leaves something to be desired. When more than one squadron is covered on the same page, the captions would be easier to follow if the unit was always included. As it is, the reader has to look at the text to sort out which of the units on that page operated the aircraft in the photograph. The captions of some photographs have been transposed, which adds to the confusion. There are also some minor, but nevertheless annoying, spelling errors,eg "correspondant", "Gibralter", "Independant" and some misplaced apostrophes.
However, the above minor irritations count for extremely little when the overall content of the book is considered. If you are interested in the subject, then you should make a space on your bookshelf for this volume.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > World War I 1914-1918
- Books > History > Europe > World War I 1914-1918
- Books > History > Military History > Armed Forces > Air Forces
- Books > History > Military History > Strategy, Tactics & Military Science
- Books > History > Military History > Weapons & Warfare
- Books > History > Military History > World War I
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > History of Engineering & Technology
- Books > History > World History > World War I 1914-1918
- Books > Reference > Transport > Aviation
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Military & Naval > Military Aircraft
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Warfare & Defence > Weapons & Equipment