RECARO Young Sport Group 1/2/3 Combination Car Seat (Black)
- RECARO Young Sport. Group 1,2,3 car seat suitable from 9 - 36kg, 9 months to 12 years approximately
- Easy to install the RECARO Young Sport has an integrated 5 point harness that can be adjusted 3 times for Group 1 (9-18kg)
- At group 2,3 stage fit with the car 3 point belt which secures the child and seat. Headrest adjusts 2 further positions at group 2,3
- Full side impact protection, removable seat cushion for younger child. Padded harness covers.
- Please ensure you fully read the manufacturers instructions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
RECARO Young Sport Group 1/2/3
The RECARO Young Sport Group 1/2/3 is a long life seat that grows with your child from 9 months to 12 years old. The seat is technologically advanced, with ergonomic ribbed foam developed for the car industry, which provides total comfort and ensures air circulation. It includes a height-adjustable harness with an energy absorber, a central harness adjuster, patented tensioners, and a practical carrying handle. The easy installation guide shows how you simply put the seat into the car with the vehicle's own three-point seatbelt.
The benefits for you
The Young Sport acts as one seat for children from the age of around 9 months to 12 years (9–36 kg), which means that the seat can be used for a particularly long time. Young Sport is a carefully designed system and includes an integral five-point harness, three-way adjustable headrest for ECE Group 1 (9–18 kg), three-point car safety belt, and two-way adjustable headrest for ECE Groups 2 and 3 (15–36 kg). The set is easy to install in the car, and the car safety belt can even be tightened with the buckle fastened. As a result of the ergonomically ribbed foam, the seat is extremely comfortable with good air circulation.
Who are RECARO?
The RECARO brand stands for seating expertise, which covers more than just the seat but also the person using it and where it is used. RECARO's main aim is to provide products that always exceed expectations in terms of design, user friendliness, comfort, and safety. The results are child seats that give you and your child a very special feeling of wellbeing on journeys both long and short. All RECARO child seats have advanced side impact protection for the full age range of the seat, providing protection to the head, side, and hips in the event of a side impact. The padded side wings and headrest not only protect but give your child additional comfort during rest or sleep.
Features of the RECARO Young Sport Group 1/2/3
- The Young Sport grows with your child and has advanced side impact protection (ASP) in the head, side, and hip areas for the full life of the seat; this means your child is protected from side impact by side head and torso wings. The high-sided seat base with arms also protects the hip area, and in the event of an impact the five-point harness protects the child from excess movement and allows the forces to be spread.
- The easy installation guides show you how to fit the seat with the vehicle seatbelt for both Group 1 and 2/3 stages.
- Easily secured to the car, the seatbelt is tightened through the belt clamp of the car seat.
- At Group 1 stage (9–18 kg), the Young Sport has an insert cushion for a smaller, younger child, which is easily removed as the child grows. The integrated five-point harness and headrest can be adjusted three times using the easy harness adjuster on the rear of the seat.
- At Group 2/3 stage (15–36 kg) the Young Sport integrated harness is removed and the seat – along with your child – are secured into the car with the vehicle seatbelt. The headrest can be adjusted a further two times for the growing child.
- The practical carry handle on top of the seat has been designed for easy transportation.
- High-quality, deeply padded, fully breathable seat covers provide luxurious comfort and are machine-washable at 30°C.
- Available in eight fashionable colour choices.
1 x Young Sport car seat
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
It has very good protection and I would trust this company. they make seats for race cars so have a good background on what is needed. We should get about 10years service for our £120, £12 a year is nothing to protect our Daughter.
It does not have ISO-fix, I have Iso-fix, but who knows if my next car will have it. I would not worry not using ISO. In my car the ISO fix is secured to the car at 2 points. The cars seatbelt is designed for holding an adult in place and has 3 larger fixing point to the car. My Money would be on the belt being a stronger fix.
The only poor thing is the instructions are not clear on how you expand it when you start using the normal belt. Just remember you need to remove the screw and keep it removed for the cross bar. This then allows the seat to expand by a further 3 steps.
Available in a variety colour trims, grey, mocca, red, graphite, pink, silver, violet, blue and black (the one I have is mocca), this seat is in the 1, 2, 3 class meaning it's suitable for children up to about 12 (or 5st 9 weight wise). It's actually two seats in one as the internal padded seat can be removed when your offspring gets bigger, and having a three-class seat will save you having to buy another one as they grow.
It often seems as if you need a degree in mechanical engineering to fit some car seats, but this Recaro `Young Sport' is easy-peasy. Thread the belt through the gap behind the cover and then secure the shoulder strap with the red clasp, which takes a bit of pressure before it clicks into place but you'll get there. Strap in your precious cargo and away you go. You can also recline the seat by turning either of the two side knobs (and this has three settings). The only downside with this seat is if you want to raise or lower the headrest. This operation involves pulling out a yellow knob at the back and although it's a two-handed affair, it's difficult to do if the seat is in place. There's a two-position rise of 4cm and 9cm. Having been on two journeys, the occupant made no fuss about being strapped in and was soon asleep on both occasions.Read more ›
The build quality of the seat is outstanding, it will give you peace of mind.
It is very simple to install, only takes a few seconds to fasten.
It is a bit heavy, but when safety comes first, that is really not an issue.
The only fear I had was the fact that this seat does not recline, so I was worried that it might be uncomfortable for my daughter. This is not the case though. When fitted on the car seat, it leans back due to the shape of the car seat itself. There is also a small flap you can open that gives some extra lift to the front end of the seat giving it an ideal position for relaxing or sleeping during a long ride.
I'm very happy with this car seat and would suggest it to anyone without hesitation!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Had this car seat for about 12 months now with no problems every now and then the seat strap gets tangled and clip ends up round the wrong way but easily put back other than this a... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
Head rest a little too snug and enclosed for my little boy. Didn't rise high enough either. Too close to his shoulders and he's not particularly tall. Otherwise a quality product!Published 6 months ago by Sharon
Very sturdy, great seat, definitely the way to go when considering purchasing a child seat.Published 7 months ago by Kevin
We have this same seat for our eldest daughter,who's now 4 years old. We liked that one so much that we bought another for our second child,who is now 6 months old so is not using... Read morePublished 8 months ago by GoldenBuddha777
Great looking, but after a while it gets stuck when trying to pull the straps up tightPublished 8 months ago by Amazon Customer
Very good seat, only issue I had is cherry red turns out to be pink, good job I have a little girl not a boy!Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer
Best car seat I've ever owned. Easy to install, babies always comfy and falls asleep without dropping head. Great design, looks good, feels good!Published 10 months ago by David