Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 March 2012
The book is really very good and highly informative but just a little too much for the beginner, new to digital music creation. I have been working with digital music creation for around two years now and wanted a product I might use within a 64 bit windows system having used Ableton for sometime. Reaper is indeed a 'thoroughbred' amongst DAWS but unlike Ableton is not quite so easy to use in my opinion. However, I have persevered and worked my way through sections of this book and achieved a fair degree of understanding although some aspects are still orbiting some way out of my reach. I remember reading somewhere that this book is not so ideal for a starter to digital music creation and whilst I am not a starter, having a fair degree of musical knowledge, I would agree with this view and will probably purchase a lighter book for overall completeness and understanding.

The book is very well written, full of knowledge and well worth reading and will to my mind teach even the most prolific Reaper musicians a thing or two. It is well worth getting and excellent value for money but it is probably worth adding that it is not a book for the faint-hearted. Buy it, read it and be guaranteed that you will come back to it again and again as you progress your understanding of 'Reaper'. It is packed with exercises to improve your understanding and with good guidance given in the book on using the accompanying CD and files. For the money it is one of the best books I have ever read on the subject and I cannot praise it enough.
on 2 June 2010
Simply superb! I have used REAPER for just over a year and only just bought this book. It is very well laid out, with a CD full of examples and helpful project files. I was a little doubtful before buying as the Reaper User Guide is so good, but following various positive reviews on the Reaper forums, I jumped in and bought it. I am so pleased I did! - there is something new to learn on just about every page! Thoroughly recommended for all users of REAPER. You will not be disappointed. Keys.
on 13 September 2009
The ultimate guide to using the one of the world's best Digital Audio Workstation software products

The REAPER 'bible' which has something for everyone from the beginner just starting out to 'power users' who have forgotten or not discovered all of the fantastic tools inside REAPER

I am not connected to either 'Cockos' or the author of this manual, I'm just a very satisfied user and reader!

Highly recommended *****

AF
on 24 September 2009
for those who are starting and not so, in the the world of music production this is the ideal book, and makes us discover many secrets of the Reaper and a few techniques and exercise that comes in a CD.

Best regards

[]
on 19 November 2014
A great resource and a truly great price!!