on 14 May 2012
To help others: The one review here that said "doesn't do UK postcodes" is wrong (and definitely the reason why this item got no more purchases, and maybe the reason why the vendor offers it that cheap)! It seems that reviewer didn't know how to enter UK postcodes: with the space.

In short: This satnav is by far the best I've bought (and I have bought many over the years). It does everything one may expect from a satnav. Too much to list it here. Just a few points - which reflect that I use it on my motorbike:

- very clear and bright screen
- perfect size and lightweight (good in case it falls down)
- touch screen
- even an integrated stylus at the top!
- quick GPS positioning
- immediate re-routing
- the mounting unit can easily be taken apart to securely fix it on your RAM mount instead
- route planning and editing (very useful, enter via-points)
- i-pad like beautiful
- full UK postcodes
- European maps too!
- even pedestrian feature
- and the list would go on...

Here's a more complete list: [...] (need to copy & paste it, Amazon doesn't format links)

The only slight drawback I've noticed so far: With my prior satnav I sometimes wanted "economical" routing, instead of "shortest" or "quickest". This one does only "shortest" or "quickest". However, it does "pedestrian", and "lorry shortest" and "lorry quickest" as well. The latter two should allow to get nice additional routing on B-roads (motorbikers like B-roads).

So, if you want a new satnav, this one (that I got for just £39.99) certainly offers the best value for money below £100.
on 26 May 2012
Bought this sat nav for my recent trip in Europe as it had the maps already loaded.I would say, although it is not perfect, it is a pretty reasonable little gadget.Maybe it takes some time to get the idea,how the directions and features work.(in 500 m keep left....now keep left/or take the exit sometimes means only to change lanes and not to exit the motorway altogether).It has got many additional handy features(like most) finding points of interest etc etc.Returning to Amsterdam Airport for example I had to refuel and it did find the petrol station in 2 minutes.I got mine for 40 quid new very recently but the price now seems to be much higher,I don`t know why this is or if I`m missing something.It has only one relatively boring female voice in many languages though.There might be better sat navs around but I`d say 4 out of 5 points.RAC 300 3.5" Sat Nav with Full Europe Maps
on 23 November 2013
I bought this as I travel to Spain regularly and it has proved a very worthy buy. Occasionally it has a 'moment' but on the whole it has performed well. At the price I cannot complain. I bought it to replace an expensive Sat Nav that went wrong and so far the RAC unit has performed better. The screen is too small for me to read the details whilst driving, but the maps are easy and the audio is good enough to get me where I want to go.
on 21 May 2012
I have tried a number of Sat Navs that are too dim and/or small, but this one is really bright and clear which I need because I use it on a motorbike and in a car. It also operates reasonably well but the electronic manual with it is totally useless, so you just have to work it out yourself which is not too hard.
on 19 January 2013
It's OK but does not always select the most direct route
It also will not always respond to a postcode
on 26 July 2012
We bought this Sat nav as we were going to Europe on holiday and renting a car, so wanted the Europe maps. The device is ok but when you put the post code or address in, it then produces a long list of possible destinations you may want. This can be confusing and lead to selection of the incorrect detination. It isn't bad value but I know there are more user friendly devices available.
on 17 April 2012
Easy to use and the Lorry feature is really handy if like me you own an American Rv and don't want to end up stuck under a bridge. The Voice is a rather annoying(plummy) woman but clear nonetheless. would recommend
on 22 August 2012
Can someone please let me know who I can contact to return this item, it has been used only once and now will not work, tried calling the number on the back but get no answer. HELP
on 19 January 2013
glad that i bought this item for getting around the U.K. and for when i go on holiday to europe
on 29 June 2012
Utterly useless! It can't find any address and constantly tells you it's not valid. A total waste of money. I returned it.