- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
R J Mitchell: Schooldays To Spitfire Paperback – 1 Jan 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Gordon Mitchell is the son of R J Mitchell, the man responsible for the Spitfire.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
His life is traced from his aprenticeship in a steam-loco works in Stoke-on-Trent to his major works at the Supermarine aircraft factory in Southampton. If you are interested in the design of the aircraft that he designed at Supermarine, twenty-five in all, first seaplanes like the Walrus, his problems with the Schneider Trophy winning aircraft, then the Spitfire and the bomber designed to be faster than the Spitfire, nothing is held back, his triumphs, his disasters, his visits to Vienna and his later illness - read this book.
What an amazing tribute this book is to R.J. Any Dad would be proud to have their son write a book about them - especially a book that so much effort and skill has gone into.
Schooldays to Spitfire is a well written biography on R.J. It is entertaining and highly interesting and should be essential reading for anyone with interest in the Spitfire.
Thank you for the book Gordon. It is men like your father who put the `Great' in Great Britain.
Winston Bugle, author of Bobby on the Run
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Military
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > History > Europe > Great Britain
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Aeronautics & Aerospace
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Military & Naval > Military Aircraft
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Military & Naval > Military Vehicles