on 23 November 2012
I really liked the look of this book, and when it arrived I was so glad that I had chosen to buy it. I found the stories alonside each design very encouraging, and very purposefull. With good explanation, this book is without doubt well worth buying. Lots of ideas that will inspire you, that will bring out your creativity. For all who 'stash' pieces of fabric that they can't bring themselves to get rid of, buy this book, and make something beautiful.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 27 November 2012
I loved the cover of this book. Inside the text won't disappoint - there are some wonderful words here such as 'this is a drawing together of threads'. Cassandra makes intuitive quilts, drawing on inspiration from the past and future, piecing together stories that will become heirlooms of their own. These quilts are simple, great for beginners. It's a lovely approach to quilting. The book presents 20 projects in four chapters 'Big Events' like the birth of a baby, 'Love', 'Friendship' and 'Memories'. You too will be able to wrap your hopes and dreams, cherish your memories and history in quilts. The techniques section at the back of the book is useful too. This review first appeared on yarnsandfabrics website.
on 17 January 2013
I read her article in the guardian and was immediately hooked!
I've been keen to learn how to properly quilt for years now, after failed attempts of patchwork. I have now bought her book and fallen in love with so many patterns I don't know where to begin!
I intend to enroll in her workshop as well and look forward to meeting her in person.
The photos are gorgeous, the instructions are clear and the patterns detailed. I enjoyed reading the stories as well - inspired by how quilting really does bring it all together onto the fabric and it will be with you, your family or friends for many years - gorgeous!!
on 2 December 2012
This is a beautiful book with a wonderful selection of unique quilt designs by Cassandra Ellis. I have found it hugely inspirational.
on 19 July 2013
A really good book that demonstrates different types and styles of quilt and highlighted to me how much love we put into our pieces. There are quilts for every occasion and for every step in our lives. This book takes you on an emotional journey through patchwork and quilting. I also loved the fact that Cassandra Ellis has plans on how you can cut the pieces and put them together. Highly recommend this book.
on 6 June 2014
The approach and the idea + themes are great in this book.
But, I think there is too much text. Very little illustrations and sketches. It is a good book for ideas of how to use different kind of fabrics incorporated in quilts and other projects.
I give it 3 stars because I like books that are better organized and with clearer instructions.
on 31 July 2014
A pleasure both to read and to be inspired by. Superb photography well produced, even if you are not a quilter it is just a real pleasure to handle and look at. If you are a quilter, it gets you thinking in new ways not just what goes with what.
on 18 July 2013
I love Cassandra's style of quilting, and this book is great. As well as design ideas she also shares really helpful advice for starting out and useful addresses.
Highly recommend this.
on 6 April 2016
A fresh approach to quilting, beautiful book with great ideas and very inspirational. This has changed the way I approach sewing in general and quilting in particular.
on 5 November 2014
If you love quilting or, even if you are new to this craft, you will love this book. Full of gorgeous patterns and great ideas.