- Prime Student members get £10 off with a spend of £40 or more on Books. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Quid Pro Quo: What the Romans Really Gave the English Language Hardcover – 6 Oct 2016
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What did the Romans ever do for us? Well, besides the sanitation, the roads, etc, they left us Latin, and in this wonderfully informative survey, Peter Jones guides us through the ways in which their language has percolated through our own. Jones wears his learning lightly and there's an arresting insight or a fascinating historical anecdote on every page. * Mail on Sunday * Wonderfully enteratining * Spectator * --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
A surprising, witty and entertaining journey through the Latin roots of the English language, by the bestselling author of Veni Vidi Vici and Eureka!See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.