Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Jun 2009, 02:24:36 BST
Last edited by the author on 15 Jun 2009, 02:30:20 BST
Goldfinch says:
I'm thinking of renting this from Love Film but I've just bought, and watched, Dave Gorman's Googlewhack Adventure and I'm afraid I just hated the continuous swearing.

It's not that I'm against swearing. Quite the opposite, in fact: it's the fact that Dave uses *uck and *ucking in every other sentence that really annoys me. I say both *uck and *ucking, but only rarely. Dave - like most other stand ups - appears to swear to get cheap laughs. At one point in the film he uses the *unt word, prefacing it with an awful wheedling apology for doing so.

I'll buy this DVD if someone can reassure me that Gorman - who until I saw the Googlewhack show I rated much more highly than I do now - doesn't *uck is way through it without VERY good reason.

If he does, well the man's an *ucking *unt and I can't be bothered with him.

Jer

PS in Dave's defence, if you think that he's bad listen to Phil Jupitus' appalling 'Perfect 10' podcast in which he *ucks in every single sentence and *unts almost as frequently. There are so many ways in which this is bad, but the worst is that Jupitus, like Gorman, are both funny men who - I can only imagine - feel that they have to smutter their acts with expletives to make themselves appear even funnier. Pathetic. I've just invented the word 'smutter', incidentally. Good, isn't it?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  15 Jun 2009
Latest post:  15 Jun 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about