Queens of Ancient Egypt (Treasures of Ancient Egypt) Hardcover – 13 Mar 2008
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The preface is short, only one page. This is not surprising. I do not expect more than this. The point is just to show that Suzanne Mubarak wants to lend her name to this publication. The introduction is also short, only three pages. This is a bit surprising. I would expect a more substantial contribution, maybe 10-15 pages, because this writer is an expert on ancient Egypt. Why is the introduction so short? Is it because Dorothea Arnold did not want to do more? Or is it because the publisher told her not to do more? I do not know. There is no information about this in the book.
Pirelli's text is divided into four chapters:
* # 1: Women, Queens and Goddesses in Ancient Egypt
* # 2: Women as Sovereigns
* # 3: The Queens of Pharaonic Egypt
* # 4: Cleopatra and the Ptolemaic Queens
The book concludes with a chronology, an index and a list of photo credits. There is no bibliography.
This book is from White Star, a publishing house based in Vercelli, Italy. It is published in a large format, and it is lavishly illustrated.Read more ›
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Women & Art
- Books > History > Ancient History & Civilisation > Egypt
- Books > History > Archaeology > By Period > Egyptian
- Books > History > Archaeology > By Region
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > Africa > Northern
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > Women in History
- Books > History > World History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Women's Studies