- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
The Queen Mother - 100 Years in 100 Mins [DVD]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
MOTHER OF A QUEEN - MOTHER OF A NATION. AN INTIMATE PORTRAIT OF A MUCH-LOVED ROYAL.
4 August 1900 30 March 2002
This remarkable portrait digs beneath the surface and presents for the first time a balanced account of the life of a powerful and exceptional woman. Presenting a vivid portrait of The Queen Mother. It traces many aspects of her life, including her love for her husband and daughters, her support for the institution of monarchy, her reaction to the abdication crisis, her animosity towards Mrs Simpson and Princess Diana, her close bond with Prince Charles, and her extravagant lifestyle and love of racing, gardens and fashion. Her life spanned a century and her influence indisputably lives on. This remarkable portrait digs beneath the surface and presents for the first time a balanced account of the life of a powerful and exceptional woman. For a century, she dazzled a nation and the world. She remains one of the most popular symbols of 20th-century royalty and she set an example for everyone in public life. A symbol of courage in the Second World War and an enduring icon of stability, the Queen Mother attracted a loyalty of affection matched only by the Queen herself.