on 19 May 2013
Clients often mention they're considering buying a motivational manual and ask me if I've read it, and if so what I think of it. Mostly, my thoughts about these titles are, that the individual who benefits most, is often the writer, particularly in the case of books that are aggressively marketed and have some celebrity or other endorsing them - you all know the titles I'm talking about, right ;-) Indeed!

I'm usually curious though and will look up the title and read reviews, particularly poor reviews, a book's genuine weak points will get picked up by a number of reviewers and say more than the endless list of 5 star reviews where people claim their lives were miraculously turned around even before they finished the manual. "If something seems too good to be true, it probably is", my grandma used to say, and she was the wisest and most content woman I ever knew. And guess what, she never charged anyone for coming to her house and sitting down with a cup of tea and a piece of cake for a good old chat.

Having read the negative reviews, I'll tend not to waste my money on the titles suggested, feeling positive human relationships, and secure attachments to actual people is probably a better way to build lasting self-esteem than abstract teachings from a writer.

But this title didn't seem obviously bad from the outset, so I bought it and thought I'd give it a go. If it turned out to have merit, I'd endorse it to others, if it didn't I wouldn't.

It does have an incredibly positive start and I found it very readable and genuinely interesting. And then I got to Chapter 3, which, after telling me I needed to let go of my attachment to negative powers from my childhood - critical or abusive parents, teachers and others, which, as a therapist myself, I certainly concur with - it started telling me I was a child of God and I should put all my faith in him!

As a humanist, I completely switched off at this point. As a therapist I wondered why the writer didn't think people could fulfil their potential without replacing one set of authority figures, with another. I mean there's a kind of irony in that, right? That's kind of suggesting, something will always have power over you, but if you replace your old "Gods" (parents, teachers, peers etc) with the author's idea of a religious "God", then you'll be on the winning team and you'll never struggle to pay your gas bill again.

"If something seems too good to be true, then it probably is."

I am more of the opinion, that true inner power and self-belief comes from within us, not attachment to religion or these cult-style manuals, which tend to require you to follow the doctrine without ever questioning any of it - very much like a religious cult, and dismissing the people who used to have power over you and replacing them with new leaders whose teachings must be followed (and often practised every day, if you want to remain part of the club).

Life as a human being, isn't abstract, it's very real, very physical, and I believe positive attachments with other human beings you can relate to and learn, over time, to build trust with, is a more genuine - albeit harder and less instant - way to achieve happiness and a sense of being respected and loved. So I'll continue to advise people seeking a more rewarding experience of life, to join local groups and meet people who have similar interests and to build up a friendship network over many months and years.

Though of course, this is just my own opinion :-)
on 17 September 2011
Simply put and well written this book points out the aim and significance of the Law of Attraction in our lives. It can be simply used as a self help book when we get stuck in negative patterns and all we do is feel blue. Scientific or not a change in thinking and attitude can create huge differences in one person life. The "like attract like" saying has been around since way before quantum science became so popular. And it is true. This is a great book for someone beginning to delve into the subject.
on 10 May 2017
Great read - excellent perspective on how to create a successful life - putting it into practice is key !
on 20 July 2008
Quantum Success has to be THE most insightful treatise on the subject of personal wealth creation that I have ever read. Why? Because the author, Sandra Anne Taylor, genuinely narrates a philosophy that is wholey grounded in metaphysics and plain common sense. If you have ever studied the Cosmic Ordering approach to getting what you want and found that it simply does not work then I emplore you to buy this book for within its pages are contained one essential revelation after another. It took me over six months to read it for time and again I would have to pause over a sentance, or even a simple statement, and allow it to become absorbed into my sub-conscious before moving on. It is a joyous and thoroughly illuminating read. It changed my life - which after reading several hundred publications on the same subject, I had given up hope of ever finding a book that would do so. Wonderful!
55 Comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 April 2010
I liked this book. It's such a positive read. A lot of what the author says makes a lot of sense. I found it spiritual, without being too preachy.
An inspirational read for anyone looking for a new outlook or take on life.
I put into practice a lot of what the author was saying and found that it does actually work. As far as books about the Law of Attraction go, of which I've read a few, I've found this to be amongst one of the best.
The author has a genuine way of putting her points across of which it seems that she actually practices what she preaches.
Worth a read.
on 24 August 2010
This booked helped me relies that I have control over my own thoughts and opinions of myself and know one has the right to tell you who you are. Anyway I was in a bad relationship for two years and was going in circles of misery and would have carried on if I had not read this book. I was with my ex out fear and when I read this book I released my fear and him. I had no ambition only fear and I didn't have the mental direction to get anything or go in any direction until I read this book. I now have my dream flat, man and job and even a motorbike. This book is a great book for guidance and will def point you in the right direction to a happy future. I have read it twice and I'm not a great reader and I would recommend a life changing book "the power of your subconscious mind" by "Dr Jospeph Murphy" and that book really starts making things happen. I would not skip quantum success as I don't think you can be in the right thinking without it before you tackle these "law of attraction" books. This book is a great book to a amazing future, one you will really have to pinch yourself about. It's the foundations xx
on 14 September 2010
I found this book when entering 'The laws of attraction' in to Amazon, it was near to the top of the list and had great reviews, so I decided to give it a go.

I am just reaching the end of 'Quantum Success' and so far I have found it to be a great aid for positive thinking. It has helped me remove unnecessary negative thoughts from my life, about myself, others and situations, allowing for me to be more positive and happier. It's helped me address issues such as wanting to rush through and achieve my life goals, allowing me to enjoy the present and be happy with what I have (instead of unhappy about what I don't have!) It has also helped me feel more confident and happy about myself.

It makes sense that changing these aspects of yourself will attract more positive experiences and so far I have had great success! I have owned this book for just a month and my social life, educational achievements and working life have all improved, as has my relationship with my partner and other family members.

If you're someone who wants to make positive lifestyle changes or alter your over all attitude and approach to life, give this book a go! You won't be disapointed :).
on 28 August 2011
I agree with one reviewer from Scotland (LXIX) that anyone seeking quantum science will be reaching for the wrong book, as there is nothing remotely connected to this. The title is a little misleading, as there are some law of attration books that do go into this sceince in detail, whereas the notion this author has of quantum is of the universe, not the science. So anyone seeking a book on quantum physics will feel let down, so just thought I would point this out. The book does cover the law of attraction and various ways to invoke it, pretty basic so should do for those wanting a grounding in this subject.
on 29 January 2009
This book is beautifully written straight to the point.Full of powerful practical knowledge.It reads like a text book on the power of our thoughts,emotions and beliefs.
Especially of great value to anyone who can already notice the amazing results of their thoughts,emotions and beliefs in their lives.
The law of attraction is like a twin to scientists Theory of Everything.The Theory of Everyting exists and the Law of Attraction brings your life from the Theory of Everyting using your emotions and thoughts to draw it's vibrational match.
on 25 August 2011
This book makes a lot of sense in as much as the only person holding you back is yourself and the way you see yourself. It shows you how to be more aware, more positive & take control of your own life.