Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Oct 2010 13:45:59 BDT
J. De Waele says:
I was wondering if this will be good quality?

First of all it s 16mm shot series and we all 16mm in HD isn't that good.

Secondly, on Network website there is only mention of an enhanced Dolby Surround track. I'm guessing that this release won't have a DTS or true HD audio.

Then is the question that rises me: will this be worth in buying this on Blu-ray?

Posted on 4 Oct 2010 22:05:03 BDT
GhostWolf says:
I'm wondering the same thing. The US release of the Blu-ray was just announced as well and neither indicate if the picture quality will improve over the DVDs. I'm holding off until more information is available.

Posted on 11 Nov 2010 10:09:32 GMT
Richard C says:
There was a short clip of this on BBC 2 last Sunday - during the programme "Something for the Weekend". It looked like it had been converted to 1.85:1 instead of the original broadcast 1.33:1. So characters' heads were lost off the top of the screen. The transfer has been done by Network DVD who also (notoriously) re-framed "The World At War" for Bluray release. I'm really rather cross about this...

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2010 22:58:31 GMT
Kiryu Kazuma says:
The Blurays themselves are 4:3. The excerpt must have been reframed for the TV programme.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Nov 2010 15:58:34 GMT
Last edited by the author on 19 Nov 2010 15:59:48 GMT
J. De Waele says:
I didn't believe my eyes when I watched the Blu-ray, even when RoS has been, shot at 4:3 it still looks like they have cut the image on all 4 sides. I didn't check the dvd version to compare it with the blu-ray but I was disappointed with the framing. Secondly the box states there is surround audiotrack, tell me, where the hell is that surround audio track? My Blu-ray player only see 2 or 3 Dolby Digital 2.0. The DVD had a 5.1 DD what happened with Network? Are they all gone cheap or what?

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2010 14:27:36 GMT
mandalorian says:
if you didnt check the dvd version with the blu ray then how can you be dissapointed with it . the set up menu clearly states stereo surround. the dvd never had a 5.1 soundtrack get your facts right before you start moaning

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2010 16:24:59 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Nov 2010 16:25:59 GMT
J. De Waele says:
The Ros Dutch DVD version has 5.1 surround sound!
So it wouldn't been difficult for network also to put a 5.1 track on the Blu's.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2010 20:19:49 GMT
mandalorian says:
who wants a dubbed dutch 5.1 audio a dutch man living in britain

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2010 20:48:44 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Nov 2010 21:20:35 GMT
J. De Waele says:
uhm, it 's not a dubbed one, it's english 5.1 surround. That's why I do expect that a blu-ray version will be released with the same 5.1 track here in the benelux sooner or later. The company which released it here was Just Entertainment.

Posted on 29 Nov 2010 07:37:53 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Nov 2010 07:39:43 GMT
mandalorian says:
What do you want for a nearly thirty year old tv program it isn't star wars but I digress theres just no pleasing some people till next time with the Jason connery box set. Bye.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2011 03:44:10 GMT
Lee Mendham says:
It was NOT Network DVD who reframed The World at War, it was Fremantle Media. All Network releases are in the ORIGINAL aspect ratio - see also for instance Space: 1999.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  2 Oct 2010
Latest post:  6 Feb 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about