on 18 November 2016
First a small critique, there is no "o" ring for true waterproof and the threading on tail cap and lens assembly could be better . That said .... What a bloody amazing little torch ( old version)

NEW VERSION. Slight disappointment.( update march 2017 - new version # no o rings for waterproof and No triple mode ---- just a simple on / off. .. Also slightly smaller length. ... The top collar has drilled venting ( new version) and a gold sticker to warn of brightness) NEW VERSION ####

I utilise at work one ( AA) LED "maglite" and thoroughly used it to extinction. . This was meant to be a "cheap" stop gap. Imagine my surprise when it arrived, nice machining, bad ass looks, bright and slick zoom action. Runs well on one AA battery and fits into a small pocket. The belt clip is a little flimsy but ideal on my chest radio hook... For under £2 this was an easy buy. .. So much so three more ordered. .. Please note - keep orders small (under 3 at a time) or postage is steep.
on 24 March 2016
This little gem would be remarkable for the price if the on/off switch worked as it should. Good points - its well built, metallic and has a well finished case, its bright and would be just the thing if it wasn't for the switch. On the one that was delivered to me the switch didn't operate correctly. It would operate haphazardly as you screwed the battery in. When the battery was screwed in didn't operate at all. Further investigation revealed that the main spring in the switch was not seat and secured properly - evidence of this was when the spring dropped out with its retaining washer. Anyway I fixed it by ramming the spring firmly in its housing - no washer. It now operates in a similar manner as per design - at least I can switch it on and off at will.
on 10 December 2014
Fits nicely in my pocket or hooked to my coat. But I'm not much for the little on/off button at the back. It does give me the impression that if it does break any time soon, this button will be the reason why, but who knows, it still works at the mo!
The beam was nice and bright for the first few days, but after that you can tell that it is taking a lot out of the battery, and I've only had it on for no more more than ten minutes in total over three days, but you can tell its taking a lot out of it.
It is a funny shaped thing mind.

"UPDATE" The button did eventually let me down as I thought it would. My sons car had broken down, we need a little extra light, sadly this was the time the button decided that it had had enough. :-(
on 10 April 2017
I bought this torch and contacted seller as I thought the battery holding cartridge, which comes inside some of these types of torch, was missing. I received a prompt reply saying that the inside of the battery is only for holding 1 x AA size battery and when I inserted one the torch worked fine. I felt like a 'right plum' but I've used the torch a lot and it's pretty good to be honest. I have a couple of LED Lenser torches and although this isn't as high quality as them, the light given off is pretty decent and for the price you can't really grumble. The delivery took a while but that is to be expected I suppose
on 23 August 2017
This is a very powerful mini torch that has saved me a lot of time. Great value.
I do fast food deliveries and mostly after dark (especially winter time) when the tight focus beam is useful for spotting house numbers from within my car. I use the broad beam to light my way on unlit pathways. Would be useful for any delivery or taxi driver. It will take a standard AA battery, I use a cheap lightweight rechargeable one which lasts for weeks before needing a recharge. It is also small and lightweight enough to fit in a shirt pocket. it is so good, its better than similar ones that are more expensive and not so powerful. I have made repeat orders for friends and I also have several for the house and caravan. I can highly recommend.
on 6 January 2015
For the price, these torches are amazing. (I've bought 3 so far!) Very light and durable, making them perfect to fit in your pocket, stick in your bag, or leave by the back door. Very bright, and the battery lasts for months.

EDIT: I've had these torches for nearly a year, and they're still in perfect working order. I've not had to change the bulbs yet, and even after a few drops they are working as well as they did on day one. What a great product!
on 6 April 2017
This is either a cheap Chinese knock off or the design of the product has dropped significantly since I last bought one. The metal around the bulb end is very thin and sharp, and managed to slice my finger open within two minutes of opening the box.

That being said, it works pretty well and has so far been solid enough when used. The light is good and bright and it's small enough and light enough the keep easily in a coat pocket, toolkit or bag without feeling obtrusive.
on 23 March 2017
Took a while to arrive. Apart from that it's awesome. Requires only one AA battery. It's extremely bright the end slides down for a big circular beam and slides up for a more precise bright beam. It's going to be ideal for my mountain bike. I'll probably end up getting another because I like it so much .great for the price.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 8 November 2013
I was not expecting too much for the money but how wrong I was. This is a solid built torch with belt clip. The torch runs off 1 X AA battery but the light output is amazing for such a small torch. The zoom part works well and smoothly. The LED looks like and works like a genuine CREE one.
So far it is excellent and only time will tell how robust and reliable it is but first impressions are very positive and I will be ordering some more to keep in the cars and buy the fuse box, at this price you can't go wrong..
on 1 June 2017
Great little torch... this the second lot i have bought.. all working well .. these are lighter than the ones i bought a couple of years ago from the same seller..lezs metal in the design i think.. but for the price they are a great handy little torch... takes a single aa battery which lasts long time