Find Your Way Home--Bestselling Sat NavsPlan ahead and avoid traffic jams with one of our bestselling sat navs from top brands including TomTom and Garmin. We also stock a great range of up-to-date and fully-routable maps for your device, including popular destinations such as France, Portugal, North America and Scotland.
Pyrenean Haute Route: High-Level Trail through The Pyrenees Paperback – 7 Apr 2009
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Ton Joosten has written six books on the Pyrenees which he has explored extensively over the last 20 years, walking all the long-distance trails, all major peaks and the national parks in both France and Spain, and has written on the best walking regions. When not exploring, Ton lives in Holland.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I have given it four stars, because it is not perfect:
- it has either been written or edited down to the absolute minimum number of words possible, and in some places the clarity suffers. Directions frequently omit useful phrases such as for example: "10 km further on" thus leaving you with the erroneous idea you are to turn left and then immediately, or soon, right..
- like all Cicerone books it is quite heavy for its size at 415g.
- it has at least one *extremely dangerous* bit on p78 where you are told to leave the ridge leading to pic d'orhy on your left whereas you *must* leave it on your right, ie descend to the left side of the ridge. The right side is impassable. There is a plaque there to a walker who fell and died, hopefully not clutching a copy of this guide.. I wrote and told cicerone but got no acknowledgment.
- I found Joosten slightly intimidating in that he is evidently superbly fit, can walk fast all day and uses adjectives like "interesting" where I would use "challenging," and "challenging" where I would write "bloody dangerous" - so I never went on those parts of the route he describes as "dangerous!"
Otherwise though this book is really good and as I say, pretty much indispensible. If your French is good, buy Veron's guide as well, and compare the two before you go. Mine is not quite that good!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Fitness & Exercise > Walking
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Fishing, Birdwatching & Other Outdoor Pursuits > Active Pursuits > Walking, Hiking & Trekking
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Fishing, Birdwatching & Other Outdoor Pursuits > Birdwatching
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Atlases & Maps > Special Interests > Road & Car
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Atlases & Maps > Special Interests > Walking and Hiking
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Europe > France
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Europe > Portugal
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Europe > Spain
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Guidebook Series
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Speciality Travel > Adventure