on 12 March 2017
This is my 4th pyle megaphone all used at protests the other 3 lasted well and were really durable for a long time. This one is great sound and clear not tested how strong it is under protest cinditions yet
on 4 December 2016
Loud! annoying that it needs so many expensive batteries but does exactly what you need it to.
on 29 March 2014
We bought this for a fete, it is pretty good for the money, it did what we needed it to do
on 21 March 2017
Very loud siren, like police siren, heavy -- due to it's use of 6 batteries, also plays a tune which sounds like a mobile phone alert, the body and handle are strong ( handle does not fold) -- good strong carrying strap.

Negatives -- 2 of the batteries were permanently raised higher in the casing under the closed lid of the battery compartment, , which was was putting pressure on the closing mechanism of the lid -- the handheld speaker looked used.
on 25 May 2017
This thing is LOUD! I'm not sure why some people are saying it's not very clear because it perfectly clear, if you place your mouth right up to the microphone, as you're supposed to. Used in confined spaces (i.e. my house) it is so loud that it hurts and gives me (and my kids) a headache. Unsurprisingly, they've told me to stop using it in the house. The alarm is very loud and would certainly get people's attention, when required. The music is AWFUL and I'm not even sure why they included it. It's ear piercing and out of tune. Since the handheld microphone uses a 3.5mm jack plug you should be able to play actual music from a phone or MP3 player on it, although I've not tried it, yet. That will be tonight's headache(s).
on 23 November 2012
OK, so it may not be the very best quality sound reproduction, and maybe the little handset bit you talk into is pretty low quality, but this does the job very well. This is sturdy, easy to use and effective megaphone. If you need to talk to a large group of people in an open space, or tell them what to do, this is what you need.

It also plays a silly tune.
on 13 June 2011
I bought this megafone for a kids camping trip. The idea was to have it to make annoucements and draw the group together at key points during the trip.

It served its purpose and some! My fondest memory from the weekend was seeing 30 children dissappear with the megafone - they loved it!

I recommend that every man buys one of these!
on 5 February 2012
Does the job required. Incredibly loud and yet still clear at full volume. Bought to help organisers at a local running grou wth 150+ runners. Would recommend.
on 2 December 2012
Bought to help us inform busy queues at a night time event . Worked well, just the right volume. Easy to use. The built in "tune" feature should not be used except in the presence of the 100% tone deaf.
on 17 April 2012
I've owned this megaphone for some time now. I used it on the beach for commentating on surfing competitions. It's a very good megaphone.

There is one huge problem though - it automatically turns you into a bit of a clot.

Last week there was a threatened petrol strike. Except there wasn't, the only people panic buying petrol were Daily Mail readers. I actually NEEDED diesel, so I drove to my local filling station on the way to work.

Alas, there was a huge queue of Daily Mail readers trying to put petrol into any receptacle with a lid.

As I drove past, I remembered that I had a rather powerful megaphone in the back of the car... But then in a flash I realised that driving past with my sunroof open and hollering some political philosophical message about consumer culture and the death of intelligence in the face of a society run by multinational news corporations which fund the politicians who gave us the message wasn't necessarily an intelligent thing to do, because once I read a story about someone who was fined £60 for eating an apple at the wheel, and its hard to operate the gearbox and hold a megaphone out of the sunroof whilst driving.

So I just went to work instead.
11 Comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse