- Paperback: 560 pages
- Publisher: Penguin; Later Edition edition (4 Oct. 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0140295267
- ISBN-13: 978-0140295269
- Product Dimensions: 0.1 x 0.1 x 0.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 333,948 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Pursuit of Happiness: A History from the Greeks to the Present Paperback – 4 Oct 2007
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
McMahon shows how the Ancient Greeks considered happiness a gift of the gods, whereas we now view it as a right … His method made this reader shout aloud with joy – and happiness was contained for me within nothing less than the canon (The Times)
About the Author
Darrin McMahon is the author of Enemies of the Enlightenment: The French Counter-Enlightenment and the Making of Modernity. McMahon is currently a professor at Florida State University and writes regularly for various publications including the Wall Street Journal, the Boston Globe, and Daedalus.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com