- Warning: Not suitable for children under 36 months
Purrfect Puzzles Ophelia Puzzle (1000 Pieces)
- The Pre-Raphaelite Collection of puzzles contains classic imagery inspired by old English tales
- Painted by English painter & illustrator Sir John Everett Milais
- Purrfect Puzzles are made in The Netherlands to the highest quality, using recycled materials, in a compact 'Eco Box'
- The well-fitting pieces are varied, glare-free, durable and thicker than normal. Finished Size 50 x 66.5cm.
- Social or independent activity involving spatial awareness, hand-eye coordination, problem solving and task completion.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
This product is subject to specific safety warnings
Ophelia is a painting by the English artist Sir John Everett Millais (1829 -1896), completed in 1852. Currently held in the Tate Britain in London, it depicts Ophelia, a character from Shakespeare’s play Hamlet, singing before she drowns in a river. The painting is known for its depiction of the detailed flora of the river and the riverbank. The flowers shown floating on the river were chosen to correspond with Shakespeare’s description of Ophelia’s garland. The prominent red poppy, not mentioned by Shakespeare’s description of the scene, represents sleep and death. Ophelia has been estimated to have a market value of around 30 million Euro.
Top Customer Reviews
This is indeed a very puzzle, a bit hard for the beginner, maybe, because of the colour scheme, but even with 2 pieces-a-day you will feel that you achieved something.
very good quality materials.
I loved it