- Prime-exclusive: FREE Amazon Pantry delivery reward with the purchase of this item. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Visit the Dog Clothing & Accessories Store for a huge selection of dog collars, leads, coats and jumpers from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Dog Store for great offers on dog food and accessories from top brands.
- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Dog Treats Store for a huge selection of dog treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
- Visit the Dog Carrier Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular dog carriers.
- Visit the Dog Shampoo Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular dog shampoos.
- Also check our best rated Dog Food reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE delivery
+ FREE delivery
+ £4.99 delivery
Purina Pro Plan PRO PLAN VETERINARY DIETS Canine HA Hypoallergenic Dry Dog Food 11kg
- Single hydrolysed protein broken down into tiny components too small to cause any allergic reaction.
- Purified carbohydrates to reduce the risk of an allergic reaction occurring.
- Added omega-3 fatty acids to help maximise natural anti-inflammatory process.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
PURINA PROPLAN VETERINARY DIETS Canine HA Hypoallergenic is a complete hypoallergenic veterinary diet for the diagnosis and management of food allergies in dogs of all ages, including puppies. Some dogs may suffer from food allergy, which can cause skin discomfort and/or digestive upsets. PPVD HA is a true hypoallergenic diet specially formulated with a single protein source and purified carbohydrate source and, in addition, the protein has been broken down (hydrolysed) into very tiny components that are too small to cause an allergic reaction. Such hydrolysed diets are recognised as the best type of food to use during an 'elimination diet trial' when trying to diagnose (or rule out) food allergy. During such a trial it is important that your dog is fed no other food or treats. PPVD HA is also useful for dogs with severe bowel disease such as IBD as it is particularly highly digestible.
Maize starch*, hydrolysed soya protein**, minerals, coconut oil, sugar*, rapeseed oil, soya oil, fish oil. * Purified carbohydrate sources ** Protein sourceSee all Product description
From the manufacturer
Understanding your Dog’s Food Allergy
Food allergies can be frustrating but the good news is that truly hypoallergenic diets are available to help diagnose and manage this condition.
What is Food Allergy?
A food allergy is an over-reaction of the immune system against proteins in the food that would normally be considered harmless. This may be caused by abnormalities in the intestinal tract allowing the immune system to be exposed to proteins that are normally not absorbed across the intestine.
The most common signs of food allergy are either an itchy skin or gastrointestinal signs such as vomiting or diarrhoea (or both). Many other conditions can cause these signs so your vet may need to carry out various investigations to rule out other conditions.
Diet is Important
The reliable way to diagnose a food allergy is to feed an elimination diet such as Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Canine HA Hypoallergenic. If your dog has a food allergy then the signs should disappear when fed the elimination diet (and return when your dog goes back onto its original food).
Canine HA Hypoallergenic is a truly hypoallergenic diet – it contains selected proteins that have been treated (hydrolysed) to break them down into tiny fragments that are highly unlikely to provoke an immune response.
Once food allergy is confirmed you may chose to either find a diet which avoids the specific protein source that your dog is allergic to (if this has been identified) or continue feeding a hydrolysed diet such as Canine HA Hypoallergenic.
- Any protein-containing ingredient could be the cause of food allergy.
- When carrying out a food trial, ensure your dog eats only the elimination diet and drinks only water. No treats.
- A food trial may last for up to 12 weeks, although a response is usually seen within three to six weeks.
Single Hydrolysed Protein
With low molecular weight to help avoid allergic reactions.
To reduce the risk of an allergic reaction occurring.
Added Omega-3 Fatty Acids
To help minimise natural anti-inflammatory processes.
Purina - A Name You Can Trust
Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets is a range of veterinary pet foods to meet the needs of cats and dogs with specific problems. Every recipe provides the correct balance of nutrients whilst meeting specific dietary needs. Each formula has been developed with the knowledge in clinical nutrition and is backed by years of scientific veterinary research.
Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Canine HA Hypoallergenic is suitable for all lifestages, including puppies, and is available in a palatable dry formula so you can be confident that your dog will benefit from a diet that provides optimum nutrition whilst their food allergy is also being managed.
For More Information Contact your Vet or the Purina PetCare Team
This team of vet nurses, pet care professionals and customer service experts are available Freephone 8 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday to provide advice about their products or any aspect of caring for your pet.
Please note that all indications for Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets mentioned are for the dietary support of dogs with the listed conditions and do not preclude appropriate medical management. These veterinary diets should be used under veterinary supervision.
Customers also shopped for
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If your dog has environmental allergies, this probably won't help!
Most recent customer reviews