Colour: black|Style: Radio Only|Change

HALL OF FAMETOP 10 REVIEWERon 16 February 2017
This is an excellent portable DAB radio at a reasonable price.

I bought this as it seemed a reasonable DAB radio for the price - and so it has proved. However, you will probably need to add a couple of accessories. There is the 'dedicated' canvass case which is an interesting mix of black and orange (the Series 1 case will fit this Series 2 model but you will need to slightly extend the side slot to uncover the earphone socket). Also, a rechargeable battery is a necessary addition if you don’t want to be limited to mains power. There are a number available on Amazon at varying prices. They all seem identical - so I'd suggest going for the cheapest. I got mine for about £6 and it works great - the identical 'Pure' one costs up to £14.The batteries all works equally well in both Series 1 and 2 models and are dead easy to fit.

Remember that this is quite a small portable radio so sound quality is limited. However, I find it more than adequate - and much better with the radio in its case! With earphones, the quality is excellent. The radio is nice and light and fits easily into a side pocket in my backpack. The rechargeable battery seems to last well - probably about 10-12 hours. Reception of DAB stations is excellent - I don't often have to use the extendable antenna (but I do live in London). My only gripe is that the case must be left open if the antenna is extended - that's a bit daft.

Otherwise, I am very pleased with this radio. It does what I need and looks pretty good, particularly in its case! However, do budget for the additional accessories.
review image review image review image review image
on 27 April 2014
I love this dinky little Pure 1 Mi Series DAB/digita land FM radio. It arrived super quick and in great packaging. I bought it for work so that I could have a little music in the background if I want. It is super easy to tune and set up and has both digital and FM capability. It is very portable and looks nice as well. the sound quality appears fine which is of course a big plus! I like it so much I'm going to get one for my shed in the garden so I can listen to music there as well. This radio does cost a bit more than other small ones, but I'd say the price is worth it with regard to the product!
on 31 May 2015
takes 6 seconds to start once you switch it on, volume is not loud enough, battery life is poor
on 13 June 2017
For such a small DAB radio, the reception, ease of use and number of stations are excellent ... I have also purchased a Pure Chargepak which makes the radio completely portable ... the sound outside is very good ... delighted with the quality which is comparable with other Pure products
on 23 April 2017
Good but not as good a sound as I had hoped for. I bought an after market battery and that seems fine. You get what you pay for and if you are after a small portable digital radio then look no further.
on 31 May 2014
Great size and nice and light. Fabulous sound. Initially didn't realise that it would not take 'standard' batteries and so then purchased a non Pure rechargable battery pack (£7.50 instead of £17+) which lasts for about 20 hours before needing to be plugged in again. Used the radio outside at BBQ and so volume quite high and still the sound was perfect. Very pleased.
on 6 May 2017
Excellent product will use again good delivery and communication used at all times thank you so much would definitely recommend
on 11 May 2017
Basic radio not an excellent speaker but operates just fine..
on 25 January 2017