Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Pure Move 2500 Rechargeable Portable Digital DAB/FM Radio - Black
Colour: black|Style: Radio Only|Change
Price:£89.95+ Free shipping

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 February 2015
The good points. Great reception, not cut off of signal.
Bad points - instructions are awful, took me ages to find the on/off control
More importantly after charging as per instructions for 3 hours tried it out to listen to the football and the set turned off 4 times in 20 minutes. Checked strings and sleep controls and nothing irregular there. Had to return it and waiting for a replacement.
If the second one works, I will consider changing the review.
on 29 November 2016
One of the best things I have ever bought in my life. As a "White Van Man" I drive for about 13-14 hours a day. I just plug this into my AUX in the van and I get perfect digital radio through my vans stereo. One charge usually lasts a full day of being on for a solid 13-14 hours.
on 21 October 2013
I read the reviews and considered that this would probably satisfy my requirements. I like listening to the radio when working outside alone and it does this admirably. As there is currently no DAB coverage in my area I use the FM setting. I recently went on a long train journey and the DAB setting worked well in areas where previous personal FM radios have found only a poor signal.
The only drawback is not a criticism of the radio but is a personal usability issue as I use 2 hearing aids so unless I get some earmuff type headphones, which I don't like, I have to remove the rearing aids, probably also due to the hearing aid use the supplied headphones don't fit into my ears securely so I've purchased some from JVC which have rubbery hooks that fit over the ears which mostly sorts out the problem.
on 20 November 2017
Have used for more than a year. Quality and reliability good, and I'm happy with the ergonomics, but for me the amplification is inadequate. I have to set it to maximum volume at all times but even then cannot hear dialogue if I'm on a busy street or in a crowd. Have tried many different headsets but makes no difference, it's just too quiet.
on 2 May 2017
battery life is excellent, reception quality is very good, sound quality is good, being able to adjust volume with the rotary dial is useful when its deep in your pocket. overall pleased with purchase
on 18 April 2017
Not recommended. I am in the process of returning a second unit which has failed after a year's use, admittedly with a different issue to the first. The radio, while it looks good, just doesn't seem robust enough for the duty expected of a pocket radio.
on 28 May 2017
I have had this radio for 15 months. It works very well, excellent reception and sound quality. I found the wheel control a little fiddly at first but have got used to it. I have used it a great deal. But now the charge cable/socket seems to have failed and a great deal of time is wasted trying to get the thing to charge. if it is still under guarantee I intend to ask for replacement.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 June 2013
I have been waiting for this particular model to suit my budget (IT Solutions) and its size. I was very much wary about the coverage on the commute into work. Day one and it only dropped out of coverage for a few moments, noticeable but not enough to be mad about. I am not a smart phone user and disagree with data allowance been needed to listen to my favourite stations. This wins my vote for that very reason. I would recommend it to anyone that likes Radio as their entertainment.
on 7 August 2017
good item,,
on 1 October 2017
ear phone jack point faulty after just two years of very occasional use, rendering device useless and not cost effective to repair. Also impossible to find out how to return anything to Amazon for repair.