Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Pure Accessory - Charge PAK C6L Rechargeable Battery Pack for Pure
|Price:||£34.95 FREE UK delivery.|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Easy to install – can be fitted in seconds
- Easy to use – just fit and forget
- Charges inside the radio, no separate charging unit required
- Increased battery life per charge over standard rechargeable batteries, no need for throwaway alkaline batteries
- Provides up to 40 hours wireless listening
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Style Name: C6L
Optional in-unit rechargeable battery pack which can be fitted in seconds to provide true fit and forget portability.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
It is a package the same size as 6 C type batteries, with a short cable and connector at one end. You plug the connector into a mating connector inside the battery space at the back of the radio, then fit the battery pack into the battery space. This is easy to do. Once fitted, the radio operates with or without mains power being connected. Whenever power is connected, the battery pack charges up and the radio operates from mains power.
The instructions recommend a 24 hour charge initially, which I did though the indicator suggested it was fully charged long before that.
In use I found it lasted for about 20 hours before the radio died. The indicator sits at 4 bars for most of this time then drops off quickly. From the drained state it took about 10 hours to charge again. However, I find it easier to keep the charger at my bedside and plug the radio in each night, so it does not normally fully discharge. This way, it is fully charged by morning and can be used anywhere in the house during the day for as long as needed, without running out of power.
I am pleased with the item, however potential buyers might like to know........
1. Once the product starts to loose its charge, it can run flat in a short space of time. I recon from three bars on the radio charge indicator to the radio ceasing to work was about 25mins. This can be a pain, so I now make sure that it is connected to the mains every couple of days...not a great problem, but buyers should be aware that the battery pack can loose its charge quickley, like its smaller re-chargeable battery brothers.
2. (Update April 2009) When coonnected to the mains, the unit only appears to charge when down to "one bar". I had originally thought there was a problem, as connecting to the mains when only partially discharged did not initiate charging. Having used now for over a year, I understand more how the product works.
Would I buy the item again - yes.
My experience of rechargeable batteries is generally far better - mobile phones, digital cameras and multi-purpose rechargeable batteries. I feel that there must be something wrong with the chargepak if Pure have such low expectations regarding its lifetime. I also have a Pure Oasis which has given many years of excellent performance under recharging. Maybe the chargepak unit is unsuitable for the Evoke 3 in which I use it. The lady at Pure would not give me any information as to whether they had any issues with the unit, or whether other customers had cause to complain.
I was informed that Pure have upgraded the C6X to the current C6L unit. When I asked, the lady at Pure said that this unit too was expected to have an approximate life of one year.
I consider the chargepak to be an expensive waste of money and, judging from the above conversation with Pure, a product designed to last only one year.
You might need to order from the pure evoke company directly as it seems to be a shortage at present.
It is fiddly to fit in but there is no need to remove the battery to charge it , just plug the radio the power supply and will recharge quickly.
I wish the radio had one of these fitted to reduce the price a bit.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My original battery pack was around ten years old and was obviously finished. The new pack has put me back to square one. All is well!!Published 3 days ago by Mr. Peter T. Coombs
does not hold its charge well. But perhaps the Pure radio is at fault. I will never return to Pure. With blu tooth speakers digital radios are old technology.Published 12 days ago by Peter de Leeds UK