- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
The Punk Singer [DVD]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Kathleen Hanna, lead singer of the punk band Bikini Kill and dance-punk trio Le Tigre, rose to national attention as the reluctant but never shy voice of the 'Riot grrrl' movement. She became one of the most famously outspoken feminist icons, a cultural lightning rod. Her critics wished she would just shut-up, and her fans hoped she never would. So in 2005, when Hanna stopped shouting, many wondered why. Through 20 years of archival footage and intimate interviews with Hanna, The Punk Singer takes viewers on a fascinating tour of contemporary music and offers a never-before-seen view into the life of this fearless leader.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
Most shocking was the hostility to a strong female figure that didn't play rock star but sought to empower her female audience / compatriots to be strong. She was rightfully wary of mind games the media would play and she did the best that could be done.
Most poignant was her difficulty in accepting help because she had a strong lifelong sense of helping others. The film hints at how badly she was let down by the chaotic American medical system so that her Lyme's disease was diagnosed too late.
This is a message of hope and the DVD extras are interesting vignettes that shouldn't be missed.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Amazing story of Kathleen Hanna! I loved to know more about her and the riot girl movementPublished 24 months ago by C.G.C.
Disappointing. Though Kathleen is indisputably a significant figure in American post-hardcore alt. music, & is perhaps even more important for her role as a grassroots feminist... Read morePublished on 19 Oct. 2014 by R. Rooksby