- Paperback: 712 pages
- Publisher: OUP Oxford (12 Feb. 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0199552614
- ISBN-13: 978-0199552610
- Product Dimensions: 22.1 x 3.3 x 15 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 600,201 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Public Affairs for Journalists Paperback – 12 Feb 2009
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This is a wonderfully thorough, clear and up-to-date guide to the political mechanics of the country. James Morrison takes readers by the hand and leads them expertly through the twisty byways of British public life and its multifarious institutions. (Roger Alton, Editor, The Independent)
This book is an invaluable text for both journalism students and industry practitioners. Morrison not only explains how the political system works, he explains why it matters to both training and working reporters and the relevance of political stories to the daily lives of readers, viewers and listeners. (Amanda Ball, NCTJ Chief Examiner in Public Affairs)
About the Author
James Morrison is a freelance journalist, writer and lecturer. He was course leader of four NCTJ diplomas at City College Brighton and Hove, before moving into the Higher Education sector. He currently lectures at Kingston University and is a member of the NCTJ's Public Affairs board.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great text book - although there is a new one out now so don't get this one by accident!Published on 7 July 2014 by G. A. Pickard
With the current being that you need to study to pass I felt this was an investment to my daughters success. Read morePublished on 17 Dec. 2013 by P. Mitchell
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Law > English > Constitutional & Administrative
- Books > Languages
- Books > Reference > Language
- Books > Reference > Publishing & Books
- Books > Reference > Writing > Journalism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Countries & Regions
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Structure & Processes
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences