Psychotherapeutic Approaches to Schizophrenic Psychoses: Past, Present and Future (The International Society for Psychological and Social Approaches to Psychosis Book Series) Paperback – 28 May 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"I am delighted to bring to the attention of psychiatrists and other mental health professionals across the world the work reflected in this book, as I am convinced that these approaches with their humanistic core have much to offer for upgrading person-centered clinical care for people experiencing psychoses."- Professor Juan E. Mezzich, M.D., Ph.D., President of the World Psychiatric Association
"A wonderful book that should be read by all professionals that deal with schizophrenia! As a necessary counterweight to the current biology-dominated and drug-centred practice, it offers an almost complete anthology of the worldwide developments of truly integrative psycho-socio-biological approaches and their psychotherapeutic consequences on the individual, familial and socio-environmental level." - Luc Ciompi, Professor Emeritus of Social Psychiatry, University of Basel, Switzerland.
"An extremely useful book and one that represents a growing interest in psychological and social approaches to improving the lives of individuals living with, and recovering from, the most severe and misunderstood of the serious mental illnesses--namely schizophrenia. As an encyclopedia of previous and current attempts to intervene in social and psychological ways in schizophrenia, [this book] is unparalleled." -Larry Davidson in PsycCRITIQUES, Vol. 54, December 2009
About the Author
Yrjö O. Alanen is Emeritus Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Turku, Finland.
Manuel González de Chávez is Professor of Psychiatry, Complutense Madrid University, Spain.
Ann-Louise S. Silver is a psychoanalyst and Adjunct Professor of Psychiatry, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, USA.
Brian Martindale is a Psychoanalyst and Consultant Psychiatrist at the Early Intervention in Psychosis Service, South Tyne and Wearside, Mental Health NHS Trust, UK.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Illnesses & Conditions
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Pathological Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Schools of Thought > Jung, Carl
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Diseases & Disorders > Mental Diseases & Disorders
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z