Customer reviews

on 26 March 2015
Fantastic series loved them all couldn't put them down I've read the whole series back to back in a week
If you thought the first two books were scary then think again. This book is seriously scary.....the disease that the Scientists have unleashed upon the unsuspecting population is now mutating. The 'undead' or whatever they are, are starting to become slightly sentient. Michael still crippled is travelling with Jason and Rachel once again in a desperate bid to find his daughter Claire in Aberyswth. They hook up with a chap named John who professes amnesia but it is clear that he is military trained and knows more than he is letting on.

Elsewhere in the region an escapee from a lunatic asylum called Alex, has morphed back into his alter-ego the psychotic killer named Jake. He is wanted by the Scientists for some reason and they know he will make straight for them so contigency plans are put in place.....for what good they are worth. It would also seem that people with a certain blood type, are immune to the bites of the 'herd'.

I can honestly see this happening...........the world is over-populated and sooner or later when anti-biotics finally fail there will be a disease that wipes most of mankind off the face of the planet.

A really well written book which kept me page turning faster and faster to get to the conclusion. My only gripe is.........it was too short! :-)
on 9 December 2013
Mr Griffiths has written in the notes to his novels that he is surprised that people read and enjoy what he writes. He shouldn't be so shocked as he actually knows how to write; creating interesting characters, a great scenario and fast paced plot.
Psychosis continues the story of Rachel and the other survivors, with some new characters - good and bad - introduced to shake things up a bit. Personally I love the fact that Schizophrenic Alex makes an appearance, and the way he "grows" in the book opens up a scary new dimension which no doubt will be revealed in the next installment. There appears to be a fair few ideas drawn from other apocalyptic tales - Resident Evil, 28 Days Later, but as with the first novel the author puts his own spin on things and yes I will definitely be getting the fourth book when it appears.
on 1 October 2013
This carries on where Panic and Shock left off. The horrors and scares within the story are ramped up a notch without taking anything away from the accomplished storytelling. You are constantly left wondering what will happen next, and, without wanting to sound too cliched, it's a real page turner.

The way in which the zombies evolve gives a very new, fresh feeling take on the zombie genre and is very cleverly written to make the extraordinary feel very real and believable. This is definitely a must read for anyone who has read Panic and Shock (and if you haven't, then go buy them, read them, then come back here and read this!).

I eagerly looked forward to future sequels and you should too....
on 29 January 2015
I was a bit reluctant to read a series as I have the attention span of a gnat, so long stories have a hard time grabbing my interest. However, I was on the lookout for an author I wasn’t familiar with, and since the first book was free, I gave it a go. I was impressed from the very first chapter. The writer’s style is right up my street.

The way the book flows is excellent, he tends to write about a character or group’s point of view in short bursts, then moves onto the next. I loved this, it kept me on my toes and more importantly, I was interested to see what happened next, it was like multiple relentless cliffhangers. I didn’t know how tense I’d been reading these books until I realised my shoulders ached afterwards.

The characters were brilliant. The main ones were all people I could identify with, and I had a physical reaction to a lot of the things they did, I was so engrossed in their stories. There were also parts that were very sad, and I felt despair for the characters.

The gore wasn’t too bad at all for me, I don’t mind ultra-violent stories. It ramped up a bit as the series went on, and I cringed a bit whilst reading some of the rather vivid descriptions, but it was never enough to put me off.

If I had only one complaint, it was some of the character development in the 6th book. New characters were always being introduced, which prevented it from getting stale, but by the last book, I found it a bit jarring that the writer spent so much time talking about characters we’d only glanced upon early on in the series. I understand the logic behind it because of the direction of the storyline, but by that stage, I was so into all the mayhem and action, it felt a bit deflating to change the pace so drastically.

That said, I could hardly put these books down, and the ending was very satisfying. It isn’t just another zombie apocalypse story. I’m gutted that the author hasn’t written more books, but I’ve bought another couple of his, and I hope to enjoy them just as much.
on 18 February 2014
I was looking for a particular type of zombie (ish) book series to read. I had a quick search on my kindle and the first in this series (Panic) was free so I thought I'd give it a go. I have now read all the books in 3 days and impatiently tweeted the author for the next installment (he replied.. its 2 weeks from now). I love these books, they are the right amount of sci-fi mixed with horror and you really start to love the characters.

I just wish they were longer so I could read more!!
on 21 September 2013
I am not going to ruin it for everyone but if you read the first 2, you have to read this
on 14 October 2013
Once again I am addicted to the next addition of Wildfire Chronicles, it is extremely well written with excellent characters who you find yourselves caring for. This series of books just sucks you into their world & won't let go with it's relentless grip . You keep finding yourself wanting to read some more all the time.

This author is definitely one to watch out for.
on 15 April 2014
This volume of Project Wildfire, like the first two, really shows how K R Griffiths' talent is evolving. He handles multiple viewpoints and characters with ease, keeps the pace of the story up, and introduces new characters and information without slowing down the action. The prose is occasionally still a bit florid, but better handled than in the first book. This story just keeps on surprising me - it's turning into something much more complex and frightening than I expected. I've just bought volumes 4 and 5!
on 21 November 2013
The best gets better! After finishing Panic and then Shock I was eager for the arrival of Psychosis to see how the new characters introduced in shock would merge with those from Panic. I was not disappointed. Its another rip-roaring, tense, scary read that has you gripped until the end. This has to be made into a film!