Psychometric Tests For Dummies Paperback – 18 Apr 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Today's job market is tough; it's dog-eat-dog, ruthless and competitive. Preparation is essential if you want to get the edge. As psychometric testing becomes standard for blue-chip companies to one-man bands this "For Dummies" guide could mean the difference between success and failure. As the world of HR embraces psychometric testing, more and more people are faced with the daunting prospect of having to sit these mysterious exams. The tests have become the standard way in which employers judge abilities - your capacity to work with numbers, words and diagrams; your attainment - what you actually know; and your personality - how you're likely to act. "Psychometric Testing For Dummies" is the essential tool for being prepared and calm. The book takes readers step-by-step through each type of test, what to expect and how to prepare for them. It also offers over 850 sample questions to practice on. "Psychometric Testing For Dummies" makes these notoriously difficult and confusing tests easy."Psychometric Testing For Dummies" includes: understanding why psychometric tests are used; detailed examination of numerical, verbal, technical and abstract tests; full explanation of personality tests; how to deal with feedback; and, over 850 sample questions. About the Author: Liam Healy is a British Psychological Society registered Chartered Occupational Psychologist. He is the Managing Director of CareerPsychologyCentre.com, a successful career guidance web site, and is a senior consultant with Liam Healy & Associates. He has written numerous books and articles on the subject of psychometric testing. He develops and publishes psychometric tests for corporate clients globally, and helped to pioneer the use of the Internet in psychometric testing in the UK.
From the Back Cover
- Prepare yourself to succeed
- Score higher on verbal and numerical ability tests
- Take on abstract ability and technical ability tests with confidence
- Tackle each type of test with plenty of practice
Be fully prepared and realise your full potential
Taking a psychometric test? With the proper preparation you can face it with confidence. Written by a professional test designer, this book arms you with everything you need to confidently tackle your test session. It walks you through typical numerical, verbal, abstract, technical ability, and personality tests, explaining why and how they're used, how they're structured and how to avoid common slip-ups. It also supplies you with more than 1,000 practice questions and answers, along with essential tips on keeping calm, boosting your performance and passing with flying colours.
- Take the mystery out of tests - get the lowdown on the abilities and characteristics the tests measure, why and how recruiters use them and how the results are interpreted
- Prepare yourself properly - find out how best to prepare for a psychometric test session both intellectually and emotionally
- Stay calm - discover proven techniques for minimizing stress and keeping your confidence high
- Reach your potential - learn how to deal with each type of test, and use the 1,000+ practice questions to hone your skills
- Get the most from the experience - make sense of post-test feedback and learn to use that information to assist you in your ongoing career development
Open the book and find:
- How to understand psychometric tests and their purpose
- What psychometric tests measure and why
- Ways to stay calm and composed during test sessions
- What to expect from each abiltity test
- What to expect on personality tests
- Dozens of practice tests
- Tips on dealing with online testing
- How to make sense of post-test feedback