Psychology: WITH MyPsychLab AND Studying and Researching in Psychology Paperback – 18 Jun 2009
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The 3rd edition of Psychology by Martin, Carlson and Buskist continues to combine comprehensiveness with a fresh, lively and accessible writing style. The text presents both classic and contemporary research from Europe and around the world to give students a rounded, global picture of what psychologists are discovering. Offering a rigourous and critical coverage, this successful text introduces students to the central concepts, ideas, theories and findings in every major branch of psychology.
With an emphasis on critical thinking throughout, Psychology 3/e shows how psychology can be used in to address everyday problems and issues, such as aggression in the workplace, rehabilitation after brain injury and the effect of sleep loss on driving. Richly supported throughout by examples and photos drawn from Europe and the wider-world, this highly illustrated text will stimulate interest and actively engage students.
· NEW! An international perspective on topical issues and research to alert students to the cross-cultural dimensions of the field
· NEW! All brand new cutting edge sections present a study or a series of studies reporting an important, novel or exciting finding in psychology in the past two years
· NEW! Levels of Analysis explores different ways of looking at a topic within or between a branch of psychology to encourage an appreciation of the inter-relations between the different topic areas.
· Thoroughly updated with over 200 new references
· Over 40 new photos and illustrations added to help convey idea and applications of psychology in the real world
· Two chapters on social psychology written by experts in the field, Professor Mike Hogg, and Professor Dominic Abrams.
· An appendix includes basic statistical information that an introductory psychology student might need
· Also includes a range of classic features such as Controversies in psychological science, Psychology in Action, Questions to think about and extensive further reading suggestions to engage students and enhance understanding
The book also comes with an online interactive study guide featuring interactive experiments, exercises and animations, research updates, and additional question material all designed to enhance the learning experience
About the Author
About the authors
Dr G. Neil Martin is Principal Lecturer in Psychology at Middlesex University, UK
Dr Neil R. Carlsonis Professor of Psychology at the Universityof Massachusetts, USA
Dr William Buskistis Professor of Psychology at Auburn University, USA